Steering wheel and rear screen

shepster200

Gold Member
I have an 11 plate RS200 and noticed the steering &nbsp;wheel material is starting to crack.<br>Also the rear heated screen has three elements that don't de mist and you can see where the breaks are in the elements. Has anyone had these replace free through Renault? I know the wheel can be recovered and as for the screen I could claim on the insurance..... Thoughts anyone?

might not be any help but i've just had a retrimmed steering wheel from royal steering wheels and it's the best thing i've ever done!

I have a funny feeling that a heated element not working will be nothing to do with your insurance company!

Did you ever find any solution for the steering wheel shepster?! Mines starting to crack too, and it's inevitable that it will require a restitch!

I contacted Renault Uk who contacted my local dealer, the outcome was that Renault would contribute 50% of the final bill, i was quoted £435 for a new steering wheel.So I'll now be looking at getting it retrimmed...... Makes more sense really.
Did you ever find any solution for the steering wheel shepster?! Mines starting to crack too, and it's inevitable that it will require a restitch!

I contacted Renault Uk who contacted my local dealer, the outcome was that Renault would contribute 50% of the final bill, i was quoted £435 for a new steering wheel.So I'll now be looking at getting it retrimmed...... Makes more sense really.

Not a cheap jobby then! I'll have to see if I can go down the same route! I'll have a word with my dealerships when the condition worsens a bit, might as well get my money's worth!

Thanks for getting back to me!

Hope old is your car as it might still be under warrantee?
Not a cheap jobby then! I'll have to see if I can go down the same route! I'll have a word with my dealerships when the condition worsens a bit, might as well get my money's worth!

Thanks for getting back to me!

Hope old is your car as it might still be under warrantee?

12 plate, so 3 years warranty would suggest it ran out some point last year but I'll ask and see what can be done! Only had 8,000 on it, everything was mint but the steering wheel has worn the last couple weeks with cracks appearing :worried:

Phone up Renault Uk on 0344 335 0000 speak to them because I thought my car was a three year warrantee turned out it was four but I still missed out!!!They are really helpful excellent after sales, with a call.
12 plate, so 3 years warranty would suggest it ran out some point last year but I'll ask and see what can be done! Only had 8,000 on it, everything was mint but the steering wheel has worn the last couple weeks with cracks appearing :worried:

Phone up Renault Uk on 0344 335 0000 speak to them because I thought my car was a three year warrantee turned out it was four but I still missed out!!!They are really helpful excellent after sales, with a call.

Ah what a ballache that you missed out! I'll keep my fingers crossed that mine had extended warranty also! Thanks for the number shall give them a call later on this week, see what I can manage!

I'll keep you posted with how I get on! Apart from the wear and tear on the wheel nothing else is bugging me!

When to Rawlinsons Bury St Edmunds, unfortunately my warranty ran out March 2015 :worried: so didn't have the 4 year warranty! Got quoted £446 for the replacement steering wheel :/ it's not to the point where it's unbearable so I'll live with it at the minute till it really needs doing!

They recommended a company called Royal steering who'd do a retrim for about £150, but I'd rather keep the parts genuine!

That's how I felt when I found out, phone Renault Uk and make the point that the wheel has just started to crack up,.This is obviously a common fault and the more people that complain maybe they'll have a change of heart, phone them because they don't like unhappy customers.
When to Rawlinsons Bury St Edmunds, unfortunately my warranty ran out March 2015 :worried: so didn't have the 4 year warranty! Got quoted £446 for the replacement steering wheel :/ it's not to the point where it's unbearable so I'll live with it at the minute till it really needs doing!

They recommended a company called Royal steering who'd do a retrim for about £150, but I'd rather keep the parts genuine!

That's how I felt when I found out, phone Renault Uk and make the point that the wheel has just started to crack up,.This is obviously a common fault and the more people that complain maybe they'll have a change of heart, phone them because they don't like unhappy customers.

It's such a high price for a car with such low mileage... they were just like "you aren't covered for wear and tear", I'd understand if there was 100,000 on the clock!

Definitely a common fault, I've seen it mentioned on other forums!

I'll go down the phonecall route over the weekend, put my grumpy voice on and see what I can manage!

Exactly the same thought as me, for a car that's done such little mileage is a pretty poor design/quality of materials usedI sold my Saab with week over 85k on the clock and not long sign of wear on anything.
It's such a high price for a car with such low mileage... they were just like "you aren't covered for wear and tear", I'd understand if there was 100,000 on the clock!

Definitely a common fault, I've seen it mentioned on other forums!

I'll go down the phonecall route over the weekend, put my grumpy voice on and see what I can manage!