STEERING FAULT - dash message. No power steering.

I'm in the middle of changing the power steering column at the minute. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem when done

Yeah with the engine running and the message on the dash. Steering is hard like no power steering at all. I've taken the power steering column and ecu out just looking for a second hand one now. Was meant to be picking one up today but they just found it and it's broken apparently. I've got part number 8200826811-A

Mine had this and was fixed under warranty. Caused by a faulty power steering ECU, very expensive to fix. I gathered from the dealer that the diagnostic kit was required to link the new ECU with the car. Worth checking whether this is actually the case or if the unit is just plug and play.

Good luck with it.

Yeah I've been looking into it a bit more and I think I'm going to send my unit away to be repaired. I was wondering why all the second hand units were very cheap and it's because you need to get them decoded like you say. There's a few places that let you send your unit off and get it checked and repaired if necessary.
Thanks anyway ben