Power steering fault?

I have noticed a few times in the recent cold weather that my power steering can take a while to 'engage' when starting the car! Is this a known problem with an RS200 & should I be mentioning it to my local dealer while still under warranty...? :wink:

its most likely to do with battery voltage due to cold weather...be a slight delay before the alternator gives a lift to the battery :001_huh:

Thanks guys! I have noticed that the alternator whines noticeably on the occasions when this has happened! I do lots of long journeys & I'll put it down to the cold weather for now! Thanks for putting my mind at rest....

mine did this, and from what i gathered, it use to happen when locking the steering on with the road wheel creating abit of resistance with the ground, ie un even ground, full lock etc, give the wheel a good pull and it will unlock sooner, my megane does this also.

its most likely to do with battery voltage due to cold weather...be a slight delay before the alternator gives a lift to the battery :001_huh:

This, my lights also dim and then brighten ever so slightly when i tickle the accelerator, has to be the cold as they are fine during the summer