Steaming!!

Hi all,

had a little scare last night. i took a short drive to my mates house, about 2 mile, engine had just got to temperature when i got there and i noticed steam pissing out from near the radiator and filler bottle!!?

the bottle, expansion tank, was up to max level, engine temp was fine, performance was fine. so when i got home after doing the same trip no steam, nor this morning when i took a longer drive to work? weird. any thoughts?

Cheers

could possibly be water trapped in the fins of the radiator and as the thermostat opens it then boils it away hence the "steam" - mine does it if i have washed it and then park it in the garage as the stat opens it starts to steam :thumbup1:

when you say 'pissing out' do you mean under pressure, or was it just a cloud?

like foxspeed said its most likely trapped water or condensation which has evaporated once the engine warmed up. its going to be more noticable now that it is bloody cold out and you mentionned it was at night, so colder still!

i know the Ka we had used to steam whenever it rained!

yeah could be, it didn't look as if it was under pressure. i.e not jet of steam from anywhere.

I did come up with a thought tho, could it be condensation from the air con? if i had it on to clean the window quick for example. it hasn't done it since so i'll keep an eye out.

its just that the last time this happened the ol head gasket went pop!! althought that was an old 205 xs!

Cheers guys.

Similar Thread Suggestions