Squeeky clutch pedal? GET IN HERE!

UPDATE ON THIS

done a complete fluid change on my car last weekend, filled/replaced with the ATE superblue, and I now have the famous squeak coming from the clutch pedal lol

To further update my situation, I hate superblue for ~1 year and developed the squeak. Since moving to RBF600 the squeak has gone and not come back so it seems the problem is reversible

will be changing this asap then, its sucj an annoying sound too. quite loud from the servo.

Just noticed this thread and figured I should chip in.

I seem to have cured the clutch pedal squeak in my 2010 200. I traced the squeak back to the pin that the pedal pivots on.

I was hoping to be able to unscrew the pivot pin, take the pedal out, lube liberally, and reassemble.
But nooooo - cheap French cr*p springs to mind. After having a good rummage I found the pedal is suspended on a pressed/welded pin assembly that you can't take apart. Pffft....try that trick in Germany and see if you survive.

Anyway, I digress...

My only option was to 'spray and pray'. I got some fairly runny silicone spray and applied liberally to the pin/pivot assembly, working the pedal rhythmically as I sprayed on my slippery goodness.

Han't squeaked since (4 months)

There's a clutch pedal squeak like you've mentioned, and the clutch squeak that comes from the master cylinder also when upgrade brake fluids are used, but it seems to be the superblue that's the issue one.

There's a clutch pedal squeak like you've mentioned, and the clutch squeak that comes from the master cylinder also when upgrade brake fluids are used, but it seems to be the superblue that's the issue one.

Renault Tech inform me that it's a seal in the cylinder, I'm swapping fluids soon anyway.

I'm buying different fluid too, although the noise is getting quieter? Odd lol

OK I was sceptical about this but since changing to SRF from ATE my squeeky clutch pedal no longer squeeks.

I've been away from the site for a while (just moved house, been doing loads of decorating etc) but it's good to see that my initial thought's may well be true!

I'm yet to change my fluid from the ATE stuff, but i'm fairly sure it'll be better once I do. Now I have a fairly good sized garage to work in I can get some of the little jobs i've been meaning to do - done.

I've got a squeeky pedal.. Had the master cylinder changed and still squeeking. When you disconnect the switches it stops though, so I'm presuming its switches making.

im going to be putting some new fresh fluid in the system. maybe standard fluid

I seem to have cured the clutch pedal squeak in my 2010 200. I traced the squeak back to the pin that the pedal pivots on.

I was hoping to be able to unscrew the pivot pin, take the pedal out, lube liberally, and reassemble.
But nooooo - cheap French cr*p springs to mind. After having a good rummage I found the pedal is suspended on a pressed/welded pin assembly that you can't take apart. Pffft....try that trick in Germany and see if you survive.

Anyway, I digress...

My only option was to 'spray and pray'. I got some fairly runny silicone spray and applied liberally to the pin/pivot assembly, working the pedal rhythmically as I sprayed on my slippery goodness.

Just what hat I was hoping to read. Identical 2010 200 with identical problem (I'm running Castrol React Performance fluid). Sunny day, and a free afternoon... Pad change and a little lubing. I will update later.

Anyway, I digress...

its made that way so in a heavy frontal impact the pedal breaks and doenst break your ankles......

Just a little update I've had a squeaky clutch pedal since putting ATE in her been to Two Techs today had the fluid changed still got the squeak they've told me it's the clutch master cylinder so booked in for a new one under warranty they said they had a similar prob before like this changed one then the noise came back after 6 months put another one on noise never came back . I've had the Renault stuff put back in so I've got 3 weeks till it goes in for master cylinder so will see how it goes .

Mine went squeaky after a week on ATE Superblue, swapped a few weeks later to Motul, and it took a week but the squeak then went. Give it time before swapping the bits I'd say.
The garage I went to said it'll likely be the clutch slave cylinder if it doesn't un-squeak?

I changed my brake fluid to ATE bout 3 months ago and after couple weeks started to notice the clutch pedal squeaking!!!

Last edited: