Squeeky clutch pedal? GET IN HERE!

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Hi all,

I know there are multiple threads on this, but this is a thread of a different nature. I'm not lookign for a fix (i'vre read and tried all the fixes!)

When reading a lot of the threads, the words 'ATE super blue' crop up very often. Initial finds appear as though this squeeky pedal problem coudl well be linked to ATE super blue brake fluid (or just coincidence?)

So, can anyone who is experincing the problem please post in here and say when the problem started, had you changed brake fluid and if so what brand?

Chrisgti6
Started: March 2013
Fluid changed: Yes
Fluid used: ATE Super Blue

I'm tryign to work out if this issue can be pinned on the ATE fluid, if so I will change and give something else a try.

Well, I'm about to change to ATE Superblue so I'll let you know if my clutch pedal develops a squeak.

unless you bleed the clutch the fluid will be the old stuff...

I'm aware of that, however of all the threads i've read it seems to develop after a fluid change and ATE Super Blue was the fluid used in most cases.

I know it's 99% coincidence, but i'm just trying to gauge whther it's worth swapping back to try a different fluid.

Mine squeeked for about three or four presses after a brake fluid change but after and before that it has been fine.

Hello,

Just a quicky, i've had my clutch peddle replaced TWICE under warranty because of this for the 'modified' peddle & it's still doing it!

I'm running Super Blue, apparently this time its the piston in the cylinder & nothing to worry about according to Renault.....

But the fluid in the clutch is the standard fluid not the ATE.

BLOODY ANNOYING!

Last edited:
i was going to say has anyone disconnected the pedal from the master cylinder to see which part it actually is?

i was going to say has anyone disconnected the pedal from the master cylinder to see which part it actually is?

When it first went in for it, Renault said it's a known problem & explained that there is a modified peddle (no idea what's different).

Anyway, I had the car back approx one week & it started again (exactly the same noise), car went back in, this time Renault said it's nothing to worry about it's just the cylinder squeeking... Despite the fact is properly annoying.

It only seems to do it in first gear when pulling away, it won't do it out of gear etc, always been the same.

I've had all mine apart, its inside the master cylinder itself that makes the noise on mine. The replacement updated pedal was to get rid of noise from some of the pivots I think, this is a different noise.

I would imagine even without bleeding the clutch system some of the new fluid will make its way into the clutch master cylinder over time, its gravity fed isn't it?

I've bled my clutch, and definately have ATE Super Blue in the master cylinder (possibly not in the slave as it's after the bleed point). Bleeding it made no difference.

Mine isn't just squeeky, it makes the clutch a little jerky too!

I've had all mine apart, its inside the master cylinder itself that makes the noise on mine. The replacement updated pedal was to get rid of noise from some of the pivots I think, this is a different noise.

I would imagine even without bleeding the clutch system some of the new fluid will make its way into the clutch master cylinder over time, its gravity fed isn't it?

I've bled my clutch, and definately have ATE Super Blue in the master cylinder (possibly not in the slave as it's after the bleed point). Bleeding it made no difference.

it is "gravity" fed but wont pull much fluid in unless the clutch is worn and the hydraulics compensate for the wear as the fluid supply pipe is always full of fluid...

the master cylinder will be one of those cheap things made from plastic! :swear:

Mines also jerky, but renault have said they can't do anything about it!

I don't personally believe this tho.

It's the master cylinder, i'm 80% sure that's what it is!

I can't figure out how it's fixed to the bulkhead, has anyone else ever removed one before I blindly attack it?

a lot of money for a bit of plastic :swear:

I agree, but if it improves the drivability then i'm happy!

Yes, possible it twists into place as I can't see any retaining nuts, clips, bolts etc. I suppose it might become clear when I get the new one!

Chris

I agree, but if it improves the drivability then i'm happy!

Yes, possible it twists into place as I can't see any retaining nuts, clips, bolts etc. I suppose it might become clear when I get the new one!

Chris

1/4 turn clockwise to remove and reverse to re-fit - there is a special socket to do the job....i double checked on the service pdf i have

Mine started squeaking about 2-3 months ago. I'm on ATE superblue and have been for about 10 months.

I've got some motul fluid to go in soon, will let you know if the squeak disappears.