Squeaky Brakes!!?

Can anyone tell me why my brakes are squeaking? Normally happens on light braking but also its even louder if i'm reversing and braking.

Mine have been doing the same ever since I gave them a good work out around some B roads in Somerset a few weeks ago! It has almost completely gone now. I might sound a little strange here, but I actually quite like it though! Reminds me off rally cars! They have the same sort of thing when the brakes are cooling after a stage! Lol!

lol i know what ya mean arranshuker but i prefer everything to be perfect on my car. Its embarrasing pulling up in a nice car then squeaking like a muppet!

Doubt it will be dust because its been going on for a while now although i did used to live up a propa dusty road!

Suppose the best thing is to take them off and have a look. Just hoped someone had a easier soloution.

standard for high power brakes especially brembo's under light braking... some pads may not but most of the high performance ones will.

happens on all brakes its just a build up of brake dust. easily solved with a jetwash

the noise is due to high frequency vibration of the pads on the disc...using a backing shim or copperslip "cushions" this vibration and so stops/reduces the noise !

Similar Thread Suggestions