Sprint Booster V3 Info + Review

This sure looks like it's opening faster

Won't ever be near as i live in the Netherlands, let me tell you this, i remap these cars myself and i guided Chris into this modification. No need to convince me as basically whatever the sprint booster does, i can do it directly in the ecu.....

Regarding your second post, you're contradicting yourself there. Let me educate you on how it really works:

First the ecu looks at what angle the throttle pedal is at, this corresponds to a map in which torque request is set. This torque request is then used in a different map which is torque vs rpm, the combination of both leads to a certain throttle opening.

What a sprint booster does is just multiply the output of the throttle pedal, leading the ecu to think you've moved your foot further. Absolutely no change in throttle speed whatsoever as you describe it.

Only thing i can think of is it having a downside even, because for instance at 70% throttle you'll have 100% torque request, you'll lose resolution in the throttle pedal which badly influences modulating power....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plummer
Won't ever be near as i live in the Netherlands, let me tell you this, i remap these cars myself and i guided Chris into this modification. No need to convince me as basically whatever the sprint booster does, i can do it directly in the ecu.....

Regarding your second post, you're contradicting yourself there. Let me educate you on how it really works:

First the ecu looks at what angle the throttle pedal is at, this corresponds to a map in which torque request is set. This torque request is then used in a different map which is torque vs rpm, the combination of both leads to a certain throttle opening.

What a sprint booster does is just multiply the output of the throttle pedal, leading the ecu to think you've moved your foot further. Absolutely no change in throttle speed whatsoever as you describe it.

Only thing i can think of is it having a downside even, because for instance at 70% throttle you'll have 100% torque request, you'll lose resolution in the throttle pedal which badly influences modulating power....

im guessing you have not used one.

Reactions: Goodchia
lol, guess you missed the part where i told you exactly how the ecu works instead of some test setup showing how great the sprint booster is to try and sell it....

Just a heads up for people considering a remap at Efi, you won't need the sprint booster anymore

As I said in past post I was like you and didn't believe that these work
Yes you are right about full throttle at 70% instead of pedal being at 100% and it's just a con
Yea maybe you just need to push your foot down more and it does the same thing
But what I have found is that it has turned my car into a more responsive car on light throttle even after the map
I never thought I would say this but it's transformed the 200t
I just blip right up the gears with hardly any pedal movement now instead of having to give the car loads of throttle and me waiting for the revs to climb
It's moved the torque to the start of the pedal which I find more enjoyable
If it's such a con why do renault , Mitsubishi , Subaru etc all give you throttle maps to play with on certain cars
For us without throttle maps the sprint booster gives us the option to do this and make the car more responsive
In my eyes it's not a placebo effect why would manufacturers give you throttle maps then
I.e. Mud gravel tarmac , road race settings etc etc
lol, guess you missed the part where i told you exactly how the ecu works instead of some test setup showing how great the sprint booster is to try and sell it....

Just a heads up for people considering a remap at Efi, you won't need the sprint booster anymore

Maybe you remap in a faster throttle but a lot of uk tuners don't
Because after I got my 200t mapped I've found the booster made the throttle more responsive and the car better to drive

I've never said they don't work, or are a con, all i said is the same could be done with a remap.

I also never said every tuner does that, all i said is Efi is capable of doing it on the 197/200 :smile:

Anyway, all i'm trying to do is prevent people for paying near £200 when they are wanting a remap anyway. For the ones that do believe the sprint booster is better or aren't planning to do a remap please buy one as the standard throttle response is shit!

I've had mine fitted for a week now and I think they're a great bit of kit, only really used it on 'sport' mode so far.
The throttle pickup is great, had to adjust to it as it's a bit more sensitive, but the instant pickup when planting it for the likes of an overtake is really noticeable. The car feels like how an NA car should, it felt laggy before.

My main reason for getting one was the poor throttle response of the Clio 200, I had a Megane 250 before it, and used to have no issues with rev matching and heel/toe in that car, it felt very natural. The Clio I feel like I have to proper smash the pedal for rev matching, and I literally stopped doing heel/toe as it felt like effort to be delicate with the brake and then try smash the accelerator with my heel.
With the sprint booster fitted it's just a small tap I need, much like how the Megane was.

I'm not knocking remaps (I have one...) and I don't doubt that you can do the same with a remap.

However, without a laptop strapped to your dash, the only way you can change the throttle map on the fly is with a Sprint Booster. If you want to daily and track your car then that's worth £200 all day.

I also definitely don't think it's a placebo. I've tried accelerating in 3rd at 4k rpm and I cannot get the same response with the Sprint Booster off as I can with it on, no matter how hard or fast I floor it.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I've bought one to try, i've always found the throttle response on the clio a bit odd and there is a delay i dont like, its my first fly by wire throttle car i've owned. I've got raptors crank pulley to fit aswell. I'm hoping i will be able to tune it to be more how i'd like. I had a couple of very responsive toyota engines in previous cars, one was the lightweight 2zz-ge and the other a 3s-ge beams with lightened flywheel, both cable throttle and superb throttle response. just ordered the sprint booster yesterday will update once fitted.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Look, if you really, really want WOT in the first 25% of throttle travel, and think that will improve your burnouts or how you drive, by all means get a Sprint Booster. But it's really only a placebo benefit; it will just "feel" better...and your wallet will be lighter. If you practice throttle control, your driving (in terms of anticipating when power is needed) will be the same...probably better, IMO, because you'll have better understanding and control of throttle modulation. After my experience, I'd rather spend that offers a tangible performance advantage such as a full custom remap that includes throttle mapping to your personal need.

Looking forward to seeing what you think!

I've bought one to try, i've always found the throttle response on the clio a bit odd and there is a delay i dont like, its my first fly by wire throttle car i've owned. I've got raptors crank pulley to fit aswell. I'm hoping i will be able to tune it to be more how i'd like. I had a couple of very responsive toyota engines in previous cars, one was the lightweight 2zz-ge and the other a 3s-ge beams with lightened flywheel, both cable throttle and superb throttle response. just ordered the sprint booster yesterday will update once fitted.

I got mine a few days ago and got round to trying it tonight, had a bit of a play around, so far I like it when its in sport mode, I dont really like it on race mode. If you set it to high, it makes trying to drive normally difficult, and i found pulling away from stand still it could result in jerky acceleration, but in sport mode it takes away some of the lag felt at stock without changing to much else. If you buy one definetly spend some time trying the different settings, its better at the more subtle settings. Once i've had more time to play I shall report back again.

Ok had some more time with this, I definitely liked it, best on medium settings where it makes the pedal feel more responsive. I've taken it off now and it took a bit of getting used to the standard throttle again it felt a bit unresponsive at first. I've decided with the other mods I'm doing though I won't be needing this so its for sale now so someone else can have a go!

I have one fitted by the previous owner on my 200.

Quick question why in Sport or Race does it make the throttle feel like its operated by a sticking cable? Is that normal?