Springs...

Have a search mate, LOADS of threads about which springs and photos of various setups etc..

The prices won't change much from shop to shop to be honest, lots of places will stock them both too.

I think I'll do a big thread for it actually as it worked well with the exhausts and it might make it easier for everyone. :thumbsup:

I think I'll do a big thread for it actually as it worked well with the exhausts and it might make it easier for everyone. :thumbsup:

Send me link bud when ya got it. Many thanks! :smiley:

I'm on H&Rs bud and would highly recommend.... very progressive. Firm but not too firm.

Mike

I wouldn't wanna go more than 30mm. 30mm the limited really.

Cheers for comment

Which spring will provide a nice ride? I drive my car sometimes for business use and I wouldn't want it really crashy!

FF as in Full Fat; Normal 197 with Cup Pack suspension, for example an R27 is Full Fat as it has all the mod-cons and Cup Pack fitted too. But most people use it to mean a regular non-Cup 197 or 200...

Anyway, sounds like Eibach would be your best bet. A little lower than standard but not as stiff as the H&Rs.

FF as in Full Fat; Normal 197 with Cup Pack suspension, for example an R27 is Full Fat as it has all the mod-cons and Cup Pack fitted too. But most people use it to mean a regular non-Cup 197 or 200...

Anyway, sounds like Eibach would be your best bet. A little lower than standard but not as stiff as the H&Rs.

Thanks Willis.

2013 - I'll have some fitted.

i'd also say you need to go for eibach springs,they'll lower the car 20mm at the front and 25mm at the rear,from what i've read eibachs are a progressive spring like the OEM springs so shouldn't be to crashy where as H&R's aren't progressive,saying that though i run H&R 30/40 springs and in well over a year i've only ever noticed them to be crashy 2 or 3 times,they also make the car sit very nicely

i'd also say you need to go for eibach springs,they'll lower the car 20mm at the front and 25mm at the rear,from what i've read eibachs are a progressive spring like the OEM springs so shouldn't be to crashy where as H&R's aren't progressive,saying that though i run H&R 30/40 springs and in well over a year i've only ever noticed them to be crashy 2 or 3 times,they also make the car sit very nicely

That's actually incorrect.
The OEM fronts are progressive & OEM rears are linear.
Both H&R's & Eibach's are progressive front & rear.

That's actually incorrect.
The OEM fronts are progressive & OEM rears are linear.
Both H&R's & Eibach's are progressive front & rear.

yeah sorry its the fronts i was talking about,i've definately read that the H&R's aren't progressive though but wherever i read it could also be wrong,it won't be the first time,ha :chair:

So basically, to maintain a crash free ride, either don't lower it, or, fit some Eibach springs.

Progressgive? Does this mean the "give" in the spring...? The compressive flex it provides?

:smile:

So basically, to maintain a crash free ride, either don't lower it, or, fit some Eibach springs.

Progressgive? Does this mean the "give" in the spring...? The compressive flex it provides?

:smile:

If your using it mainly on the street you will get much the same ride with both H&R & Eibach (H&R may be marginally stiffer due to them lowering the car more thus less travel).
For the record i replaced my Cup springs with the H&R Supersports & the low speed ride around town is definitely improved.
However high speed use on bumpy roads results in the rear being too bouncy .
On smooth surfaces such as track use the handling is great (as it was previously with the Cup setup).