Springs or coilovers for mk4 Clio

I have a mk4 Clio Dynamique MediaNav TCe 90 and I'm looking to lowering it. Getting a mixture of people saying lowering springs and coilovers but I still don't know what to go for.

I don't want to go extremely low, just enough so it sits pretty, maybe 25-35mm?4y9y2u3y.jpg

Springs.

In all fairness, coilovers would be wasted on your car. You're not looking to go that low and you don't need the setup for track. Plus springs will be a fraction of the price.

Eibach are currently developing a set for the 200T, that's what I'm waiting for. Could contact them and see if they are considering doing a set for non rs'?

I think the reason why people have opted for coilovers on the RS version is because the lowering springs do not work too well with the hydraulic compression bump stops on the dampers

As people above have said a set of springs should be fine. Cause the car is still classed as new not many products will be ready off the shelf yet

I'm suprised eibach haven't got a set of springs sorted yet. They were doing testing with the Clio 4 last year

I had to wait ages for my KW v3's. Worth it though as the KW clubsports were shocking. Complete waste of money

fn8m5d.jpg

Last edited:
Eibachs do springs for it already lol but I'm now being told eibachs are way over priced. I can get KW springs or H&R :/ I'm completely confused as to what is better!

The setup I have on mine at the mo is great

I have softened off the high speed compression so make it more comfy than the std cup suspension

Win!

Yeah you need to take the bumper off and the fog light assembly is removed after taking a few screws out the back

Deffo doing it that way if you want to.do a propper job

Inclined the bonnet release catch and remove the 4 100mph bolts.on the.slam pannel

Then there is 4 on the.underside on the bumper connecting it to the splash guard

Pull back.each wheel liner and undo the 10mm bolt connecting the bumper to the wing. Give it a tug and your sorted

Hope you get it sorted

I've just ordered Ktec's Eibach spring kit, they have an offer on for £162. Looking forward to seeing the results soon.

As a lowering spring is a compromise, they have to be able to stay on the strut on full drop. To get this most spring makers put a soft bit in the spring that fully compresses on load. In other words those coils with the plastic on are compressed together, the plastic is to stop them rubbing the paint off and corroding away. In the picture of the spring above, there are 7 coils, but with weight on you only have 4 coils. Lowering springs are just a crude form of lowering. To do it properly you need shorter shocks with the original length of spring.

[MENTION=3821]Womble[/MENTION] how do you find the ride on the v3's and much noticed improvement in cornering etc?