Springs - H&R or Eibach pro?

anyway Mr Fernandez,while i've got yr attention,any news on the R3 airbox,feel like a kid with no sweets here!

I know it's off topic but quick answer is that I do have a slight delay but it will be worth it. The extra pipe work needed that goes from the radiator to the moved expansion tank is just over £200 from R-Sport so I'm getting some custom silicon hoses made as they are loads cheaper. Will update you all in due time. Want to get one on my motor as much as you mate.. :smile:

can only thank u for taking the challenge on mate,P.S. how do i copy and paste so u don't laugh at me again,boo hoo,useless with technology

Just hit the quote button at the button of the post mate. I discovered very recently that if you click on the quotation marks on several posts they all appear in your post.

So a full set of coilovers is out of my budget at the moment.

So am thinking of running a set of lowering springs with my cup dampers (clip 200, 12 months old).

Have read about good results of springs with cup dampers.

What would people recommend out of H&R's or Eibach pro's?

I know the H&R's run a little lower.

The car is a daily drive, but see's track a fair few times a year.

Thanks in advance!

Ive got H&R's and had no prob's:thumbup:

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I will going with some H&R springs until I can afford some clubsports.

Cheapest place to get some H&R springs?!

Is anyone running either of these springs on an R27??

From what I can gather R27 is another 7mm lower than Cup springs anyway, just wondered what it looked like on one.

Is anyone running either of these springs on an R27??

From what I can gather R27 is another 7mm lower than Cup springs anyway, just wondered what it looked like on one.

I think you'll find the R27 is 7mm lower than a normal 197 but not the cup.

The R27 was the first with the cup suspension but this is the same as a 197 cup or a FF with a cup pack.

I have recently put the H&R 30/40 springs on my 197, using the standard dampers!

Really great springs, one thing I noticed is the ride is a tad harder, but other than that I recommend them! Still has the same responsiveness in the corners. And looks way better with the arch just sitting over the wheel. Pictures are in my progress thread if anyone wants to look at the drop you get!

OK, so after looking at a few places, there seems to be the following available:

Renault Clio Mk3 Sport 197 / RS / Cup - 30mm F, 40mm R

OR

Renault Clio Mk3 Sport 200 / RS / Cup - 30mm - Which also notes: Only for cars with front spring pan inner diameter on 83mm

Which I would assume is the cars with the later version of the front suspension, where the top mounts are different etc?

Which my car has.

Can anyone confirm??

A couple of questions. I am about to fit 200 cup dampers on my R27 and I was thinking of buying lowering springs. So:

1. Why do most people lower the rear more than the front (30/40)? I would prefer it, if not equally lowered, the other way around...

2. Does the lowering compromise the handling at all? the ONLY (and I can not stress that enough) reason I want to lower the car is looks. I love the way clio handles and I wouldn't like to negatively interfere with that.

Thanks!

1. I don't know, but it's not visually noticable. The gap between the wheels and the arches is the same on both ends.

This is my car with H&Rs.

6821523159_602b73ce7e_z.png
197 in the Snow @ Himley Hall by tom-cash, on Flickr

2. No, if anything, it improves handling. All you lose is a bit of comfort.

1. I don't know, but it's not visually noticable. The gap between the wheels and the arches is the same on both ends.

This is my car with H&Rs.

6821523159_602b73ce7e_z.png
197 in the Snow @ Himley Hall by tom-cash, on Flickr

2. No, if anything, it improves handling. All you lose is a bit of comfort.

Your car looks the business mate, stunning! Great pic:smile:

I'm absolutely fine with the loss of comfort, to be honest I don't mind it at all as long as the clio turns as good as it does now:smile: I still don't undrestand the 30/40 bit though...