Springs - H&R or Eibach pro?

fmp

Platinum Member
So a full set of coilovers is out of my budget at the moment.

So am thinking of running a set of lowering springs with my cup dampers (clip 200, 12 months old).

Have read about good results of springs with cup dampers.

What would people recommend out of H&R's or Eibach pro's?

I know the H&R's run a little lower.

The car is a daily drive, but see's track a fair few times a year.

Thanks in advance!

Id save for some coil overs font waste your money as saying the cash means you will be £300 nearer

I can't speak for Eibach, but my H&R springs are awesome. I have 30/35 springs FYI.

I don't see any problem with running different springs, yes coilovers have an advantage as they are adjustable but how many people use this facility once they are set up plus plenty of race cars including the Clio Cup opt for traditional dampers and springs.... Why?... Because it works.

You could always try the Madeno Racing springs, very tasty.

A2ON- springs are around 180 quid, and I can fit myself, so doesn't seem too bad for a short term fix. As clubsports etc are nigh on 2k.

Ashton - when you say 'new' Eibach springs, what do you mean? Is there a new type on the horizon?

Fernandez - good shout mate, forgot about madeno!

Having EIBACH PRO fitted at DEMON TWEEKS waiting on delivery ,getting them as speedbumps are high around here. never had lowering springs in past £320 approx fitted with tracking..
The basic set up is ok for me .so only looking for a better stance /a little better road holding ??[have to wait and see].
The roads i love to drive [in Wales] have lots of short straights and sharp bends.
I took advice from this forum..

H&R...closest thing to coilovers without the expense if your not tracking it. Eibach are superb but weren't low enough for me.

H&R on mine when I got it, was gonna change back to try the original as it is a harsh enough drive on crappy roads but after taking it to the track I couldn't justify putting the originals back on. They made me look like a hero, when in fact I am pretty sure that is not the case. Cornered so flat... mmmm

I don't see any problem with running different springs, yes coilovers have an advantage as they are adjustable but how many people use this facility once they are set up plus plenty of race cars including the Clio Cup opt for traditional dampers and springs.... Why?... Because it works.

For me its the ride you get with lowering springs that I hate. It never feel right to me when a cars on standard dampers and lowered with springs, very crashy. I'd always save up and get coil overs myself.

But if its springs you want I'd be going down the H&R route, never heard and bad word about them. Our 182 had Eibach's on when we brought it and we hated them.

ive been told that H&R are quite crashy compared to the Eibach

The new Eibach are for the newer 200's so im told

They are also progressivly wound

H&Rs + Cup Dampers = WIN.

Simple as that. No crashing, no odd noises, definate improvement over FF. But, yes, it is a a stiff setup.

To be honest i fitted the H&R springs on my clio 197 56 reg, standard. not cup etc etc and i love the look but the ride is very harsh now, my mates moan about sitting in the back and hitting pot holes etc. i dont mind the harsh ride as i drove a classic mini all my life.

Fernandez
Site Trader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fernandez
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Fernandez
Find More Posts by Fernandez
Add Fernandez to Your Contacts

as fernandez says,who adjusts there coilovers? not many i reckon so its almost about how low u want to go!