Spoiler... Yay, or Nay

lou tennant

Paid Member
Whats your opinions... is it just a "look" thing, or does it actually contribute to handling. ???
Anyway heres mine which was on the Clio when I purchased it last week.
I quite like it. :smiley: Possibly tempted to spray it in reverse.. ie white tips and black wing.s-l1600 (2).jpg

I think that someone did a post years ago that showed the aerodynamic benefits of the spoiler and diffuser have an effect about 85mph.

I would keep the spoiler as it is.

I reckon I will burrellbloke and Beany, suits the looks of the rest of the Clio (flared arches, diffuser, twin exit, etc)
Cheers.

It will do absolutely nothing for handling, it won't generate downforce. It might clean up a bit of the airflow at the back of the car at high speed but it will be 99% for looks and I doubt you'd feel any difference with or without. I personally like the Cup spoiler, so I'd vote to keep it.

6BE24775-781C-4839-9F62-195E35202565.jpeg

I’d say yes and the track day ones are really nice :smile:

Attachments

• 7B7959FF-B353-441D-94E6-36EEB6B61184.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 85E5A279-A9B1-4AFD-9E6A-FDD17FEF35E6.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 12
I think that someone did a post years ago that showed the aerodynamic benefits of the spoiler and diffuser have an effect about 85mph.

I would keep the spoiler as it is.

A good read.

Reactions: Sean197
My new 200 has the cup spoiler on too and the other day the wife said she doesn't like it! Well it's a good job her opinion doesn't matter a jot then isn't it :laughing: . I'll be wrapping mine black though and the paint is cracked and I've got other parts to buy before paint.

Reactions: EthanMenace