Spirit Blue Fiesta ST

First track outing booked.

Knockhill reverse direction on 17th May.

Be interesting to see how she compares to the old 200.

Turns out the Fiesta is frickin awesome on track.

She performed flawlessly all evening garnishing some positive comments:

jockthedog said:
You spent a lot of time on three wheels :smile:

tam said:
Aye, the wee blue mountune fiesta was flying....left the 197 for dead in a straight line. :wink:

AK said:
Noddie.... the fiesta surprised me. I was on a cool lap trying to judge pace to avoid holding anyone up... you were up behind me a lot quicker than id given the car credit for! Seemed quick on the corners

Also turns out that the brake upgrade was a worthwhile addition since even those got a little warm:

I was on track last night and this wee fiesta is summin else. The straight line speed of it is far superior to the clio. Not much in it in the corners but coming out of them it's just gone. Very impressive little car.
The brake discs were glowing coming into the hairpin down the hill too!

I really was impressed with how the Fiesta done. Deep down I was worried it'd be massively down on the 200 in terms of track-ability. However after a couple of quick laps these worries were put to rest. Considering the car isn't really all that different to standard (MP215, Intercooler and brake kit) she is noticeably quicker than the 200 in terms of overall lap time.

As well as the brakes impressing me a lot, the standard Bridgestones amazed me even more. Kept at their Ford recommended pressures (36 front, 26 rear) they never once felt like they were being over-abused or on the edge of grip.

Not many photos unfortunately despite there being a good number of photographers around the circuit but got these ok shots:

14208240234_40b74be5b7_b.jpg

14208376125_60344a252d_b.jpg

14228534513_12990c3253_b.jpg

Had the GoPro running for the full evening so have some vids (5 vids in total however only 1 and 5 are uploaded to Youtube so far):

[video=youtube;U96qH-pdNNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U96qH-pdNNo[/video]

Nice video what's that gizmo were the speedo is ?

Its a GoPro watching the speedo.

The plan was to do Picture in Picture for my vids using the over the shoulder shot and the speedo shot but the speedo vids weren't that clear.

Ah ok the car sounds nice from in the cabin mate picking mine up this week hopefully when they sorted out the rear parking sensors paint match as they didn't match when I went to collect last week lol

Washed the beast today after it being brown for a week since Knockhill last Saturday. Still not a pro with the camera as yet (One pic is dark one pic is is spoiled by the flash):

14253008944_7f4b40ee66_b.jpg

14066708879_0b2f424d29_b.jpg

Next track outing is 9th June. Cannot wait.

Really does scrub up well Martin, and those brakes, wowie..

How do you feel about the TD's now they've been on for a while? Still think the TDs>Turinis :wink:

They've definitely grown on me in their time being on the car.

I do think it looks awesome with them on.

The more I look at these the more I wish I'd manned up and bought one. Wheels finish it off a treat, looks a lot cleaner and meaner.

That looks awesome in that picture Martin, the splitter works really well and would go nicely with a carbon fibre spoiler lol :wink: