speed limit cancel through accelerator

Stupidly perhaps only noticed this today, just wondering if when the speed limiter is turned of, does it open the throttle any wider or is it completely redundant? Stupid question I know but I'm still getting used to the 197

depends which speed you have it set to. at 30mph you arent going to get much out of it, even foot down (unless you kick past the override).

Not 100% sure what you mean. On the Renault monitor the throttle is at around 97% before the over ride.

Basically, with the speed limiter off, the throttle still has the click at the end of the travel (which is to over ride the speed limiter if it was on). So is 100% throttle at the very bottom of the speed limiter over ride, or is just before the click?

Not 100% sure again but I'm sure the throttle is at 97% just before the click. Then is at 100% when fully pressed past the click!

the click is a "switch" (on or off) which tells the ecu to cancel the limiter

think what your thinking is do you need to press it to get 100% wot - i dont think so - try it - keep the throttle pinned onto the button and then press it and see but i dont think it makes any difference to the normal throttle responce

IMHO, this click is only for cancelling the speed limiter, it has no affect on the % of the throttle.

Just tested this on the way home.

You will be surprised to know that according to the Renault Monitor before the click the throttle is at only 91% after the click the computer shows 100%. I will find out later if it has any affect of torque and power but i cant see it to be honest.

Been trying it myself, not really noticed anything more with the pedal in the floor, but it's curious all the same. What did you find out?

I recorded the actual throttle position when I first tested my OBD reader and Torque android app.

What it showed is that with me only pressing the throttle as far as the stop (not through it) it does open fully, 100%.

I also noticed that it only gives 100% above 6,000 rpm...before that it's just a little less. Must to be to do with how much fuel the engine can actually handle...and at less than 6k it can't make use of full throttle.

I synced the data with a short video and overlaid a throttle bar to illustrate.

Going to play about with this on my next trackday :smile:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oltsfjmATMw

dont forget the throttle pedal is only telling the ecu that you want "full throttle" it doesnt mean you get it - the system is set up to meet emission standards and "driveability" so what you want isnt always what you get!

I recorded the actual throttle position when I first tested my OBD reader and Torque android app.

What it showed is that with me only pressing the throttle as far as the stop (not through it) it does open fully, 100%.

I also noticed that it only gives 100% above 6,000 rpm...before that it's just a little less. Must to be to do with how much fuel the engine can actually handle...and at less than 6k it can't make use of full throttle.

I synced the data with a short video and overlaid a throttle bar to illustrate.

Going to play about with this on my next trackday :smile:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oltsfjmATMw

Awesome cheers