Speaker Help

Quick one.

Looking to buy 4 speakers. Is the wiring all present for the rear. i.e I can just plug them into wiring that is already in place?

Size all round is 6.5" or 13cm?

Thanks CZ.

The wiring is there but the factory stereo is pretty awful. Replacement speakers may even sound worse unless u install a headunit/amp.
They are 5.25" or 13cm.
The Search function is your friend!

headunit will make far more difference mate, speakers will [probably sound worse because they will be designed for more power

Really you need to change both as the speakers are just as budget quality as the head unit. If its a 200 it likely hasnt got tweeters so if you fit some you'll find a lot more top end.

If you have the time and funds you might want to look at adding some acoustic matting/padding behind the door speakers otherwise everyone outside will hear the music too.

Personally I'd go with a Head Unit first then speakers mate. The speakers are awefull as the guys have stated, but the output from the head unit is shocking + the radio reception is pants.

Obviously the ideal set up would mean changing both. But if your on a budget I'd go HU first :smile:

^^^ LOL ^^^

Seriously though, I fitted some pretty decent speakers and they just as bad. The output from the factory head unit is beyond awful.
Either stick with what you've got or get a decent install done with a new headunit, small amp and bigger speakers in the doors (at least 6.5" for decent sound)

I installed a Sony head unit. Vibe component speakers in the front, (no idea what I was doing with them but they're in), and moved the original speakers into the back.

I'm in two minds about switching them around again and trying to stick the component tweeters behind the back seats. Any thoughts?

Similar Thread Suggestions