Spax rsx coilover kit

I fitted a set of these to the our 182, and while they've improved the hanlding on that I dont think I would fit a set to a 197 with cup packs
Dont get me wrong I love what its dont to the 182, the ride is a little firm now but the car doesn't rool anymore. You can leave your braking a lot later aswell as the front end doesn't dip. The one thing you have to be aware of is that the grip is a bit cliff face, you have loads and loads then it just drops away lol.

I'd say that any stiff and wide car may loose grip suddenly, if it did improve the handling overall then my call would be that you can easily feel what grip you have, and not exceed the limit right? cause if it is totally unpredictable then there must have been something totally wrong with the car, tyres, pressure or something, I am think of a set of the spax myself, looking to check what would a local dealer price be,

handling is a measure of driver skill though as much as anything. fitting full slicks will mean you have bags and bags of grip (in the dry) but when it lets go its gone and its too late for a normal driver to catch. same with stiffer ARBs etc. lose traction and you will lose it quicker than a normal setup. you can power slide a non cup chassis all day long, a cup chassis will be harder to slide and also harder to catch when you do slide.

there is no guarantee the spax setup is an "upgrade". was it tested on a road car? what rate springs? what rate dampers? what front to rear ratings are they? etc etc etc. its all too easy to buy a setup which gives you ride height adjustment but no actual benefit in terms of damping. again, alot of these kits are just to make your car look better, not go faster.

^^ I would say that in terms of an "upgrade" it depends on driver style. I wanted a kit that improves the cars handling as getting a car 3mm off the ground for looks doesn't appeal to me. But for me the RSX kit works well on the 182, as said before particularly in the braking zones. And, again for me and my driving style once you get used to it the grip is a lot more controlable and the feedback is better.

But thats just me :smile: