Spacers

what would be the correct ones to go for.... my car is a standerd 197 with black powder coated orginal alloys.

going to lower it too. what the best things to get

performancealloys sell them.
got mine from a local vag tuners that i know sell and fit H&R stuff.
just got them to order them to save on postage.

Pretty sure that most people who have them put them on both front and rear axles.

From memory I think Timolator (Stormtrooper) has larger spacers on the rear than the front. H&R Spacers Front 10mm Rear 25mm per Wheel IIRC.

It's purely up to what you want looks wise :wink:

some people say they do - in a bad way - some say it makes no difference

I didn't try them, but I would think they will affect handling abit, otherwise Renault would have increased the track by 50mm themselves

some people say they do - in a bad way - some say it makes no difference

I didn't try them, but I would think they will affect handling abit, otherwise Renault would have increased the track by 50mm themselves

Thanks mate, anyone had any affects with tyre wear etc?

can anyone confirm if part# 19 below is a renaultsport spacer?

the catalogue is for the clio cup/trophy 2010

if it is a spacer I wonder how thick it is

PYVCq.jpg

25mm hubcentric wheelspacers are what you want.

without:
20090905001.jpg

with:
20090905003.jpg

Do you have the spacers on the back and the front mate? Looks excellent.

Noob question here but here goes. How do you fit the spacers? Do you remove the wheel then bolt the spacer to the hub, then bolt the wheel back onto that?

Do you remove the wheel then bolt the spacer to the hub, then bolt the wheel back onto that?

that's how the 25mm H&R are fitted, yes

other spacers - like the Eibach 16mm will require longer wheel bolts which pass through the spacers

I hate the idea of adding extra weight or spoiling the handling of the car, but everytime I look at my car from the back it hurts seeing the wheels tucked inside those muscular wheel arches :worried:

I bet your going to get a lot of road rash on your paint now though.

so not worth the hassle imho.
I like my paint more :smile: