Sorry folks

The 197 is going. I'll leave it to you lot to buy it and take care of it, it's brilliant fun but its not really up to doing 15000 miles a year, so I'm getting a golf gti.
With my experience with vw they are more dependable than the clio has been. The clio would make a brilliant toy but its not what I need it to be. Sadly.

It's a shame to see you selling your Clio, but I don't think it's a car i'd be happy doing 15k either I suppose.

Sorry to hear that m8. It is a car you need to when getting on in life have to keep putting money in. Brilliant cars tho. No doubt you will miss it. Good luck with the new car. Golf gti are nice cars bud.

Very sorry to hear you're selling it Ant, it's a great looking 197, however you do seem to have had your share of bad luck with it recently...

Hopefully you will stick around on the forum as you have a great knowledge of these cars and other mechanical things - it would be a shame to lose your input :smile:

Im on for 16k this year, done 12k since I bought my 197 at the beginning of Jan. I think it is a great car to do a fair amount of mileage in as you get to enjoy it more!

Yes also about to put mine up for sale, Just need to take some decent flicks this weekend.

Mpg is main reason for selling, I think it's laughable sometimes even when driving like a saint!

So yes GTI or 320d e90 just gotta drive them both

Have you worked it out yourself or gone off the OBC?

I tried fuelly app for the first time and got a good few mpg higher (real world) compared to the OBC.

E90 you say...considered the 330d?

Yes also about to put mine up for sale, Just need to take some decent flicks this weekend.

Mpg is main reason for selling, I think it's laughable sometimes even when driving like a saint!

So yes GTI or 320d e90 just gotta drive them both

Laughable? What did you expect from a 2L n/a lol?

Don't get me wrong Chris I'm not expecting miracles I am a realist but sometimes you think Christ give me break! Take take take and for what I consider OK performance.

On really? Just been using the OBD, it is stuck around 25/26mpg with normal driving, and I do mean normal driving.

Shame I really loved it at one point, but it's eating an awful lot of my money for a 6 year old Clio.

Ah yes a 330d would be very cheeky, will check out running costs on that.

I'm currently averaging 25.5 mpg, my brother has a 330d and he averages around 31 mpg that's on a daily commute of about 30 miles (Does get slightly better on longer journey's but so does the Clio).. I don't think a 320d would be much better fuel wise.

To me I couldn't justify swapping for a car that does a few more mpg but gives me half the enjoyment.

The 330d is a fast car, but its not half as fun to drive as the Clio.. The GTI maybe, I haven't driven one.. I'm tempted to swap mine all the time, but I just can't pull myself away from the Clio.

That's pretty good for a beast that the 330d is.

my friend as 58 plate 320d with the revised 178bhp engine, 0-60 about the same and he EASILY gets 45mpg even around town on his OBD so a fair difference.

Yeah the clip is great, I'm sure everyone has these woes at some point...

MPG is never going to be a strong point with the Clio, but the fun factor more than makes up for it imo.

Do you reset the OBD on every fill up, or is the MPG reading a constant average?

I'm more than likely getting rid of mine also. On the right road i reckon you'd struggle to get such a fun and better handling car for the money. It is just too fragile for my liking. The roads round my way are horrendous and i'm fearful every time i crash over a bump or through a pothole that i'm doing damage. Looking at r26 Meganes,reckon they'll be just as harsh though. Golf Gti's crossed my mind,bit boring too look at in my opinion though,like the look of Astra VXRs,which should be better built? Although the gearboxes are obviously terrible. FN2 Type's are another option for me,although i hear the build quality aint great either.

That's pretty good for a beast that the 330d is.

my friend as 58 plate 320d with the revised 178bhp engine, 0-60 about the same and he EASILY gets 45mpg even around town on his OBD so a fair difference.

Yeah the clip is great, I'm sure everyone has these woes at some point...

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I'm the same and I do get fed up of filling up all the time.

I'm always tempted to swap mine as I've always got my eye on new cars, but I can't find anything in the same price range that's as good. I could, but I don't really want to add money at the moment if I swapped it, so would just be something of the same value and I can't find anything I like half as much. The Clio is a lot of car for a very good price.

Going to have a look in the new year and see if there's anything new I fancy, but if not i'll just keep enjoying the Clio till I do.

Yes rs1903, fragile is a soft word for the 200 with cup packs!! I work on a terrible terrible industrial estate, every morning I feel like I am killing the car bit by bit, I actually slow right down now, get some annoyed people behind but hey ho.

That's the thing Matt they are a good 2-3k cheaper than VAG equivalent etc, easily.

bargain smiles for sure!! Looking forward to drive home tonight, swings and roundabouts I guess ..

a lovely ed30 ripped past me last night, tempting yes.