Soon to be proud 197 owner

Hi guys, currently looking at this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201212174641528

Contacted the seller and he said that it has had two bi-annual renault stamp services; one in 2009, one in July 2011 being the most recent.

Is this normal or should they be more frequent? Just trying to make sure all is in order.

Cheers for your help again.

service interval should be 12000mile or 12 month WHICHEVER comes first....

so if its 5yrs old it should have had 5 services....and no5 is cambelt change

sounds like its been missed on the servicing frequency - so 2 services in 5yrs.....NOT GOOD!!!

Cheers foxspeed, thought that would be the case. It has not had the cambelt change so was going to factor that into the purchase but it has obviously not been looked after properly.

Cheers foxspeed, thought that would be the case. It has not had the cambelt change so was going to factor that into the purchase but it has obviously not been looked after properly.

there are better ones out there!

the 182 used to be 2yrs service intervals - but not 197 - dont know how they can get it wrong as its in the service book and the service indicator only goes to 12k/12month - so it must have been re-set when it came on....

Oh I see, I thought I heard about the bi annual services somewhere, must have been in relation to the 182. I don't understand why someone would buy a car like this and not look after it properly