Soon to be proud 197 owner

Hello all! Been lurking the site for a couple of weeks now and thought I'd introduce myself. In the process of selling my current car (polo) and decided I will be getting a 197 as a replacement. Since I first saw one in 06 I have wanted one and went on a test drive the other day. Car drove as well as it looks and so I'm sold :smile:. Looking at this one: http://www.3dcarsales.co.uk/used-ca...-renaultsport-197-3dr-newbury-201246492232085
It is specced exactly how I want it and has had the all important cambelt change but I'm put off by the milage. What do you guys think?
Cheers,
Dom

Well it looks nice but I'm not sure if I'd want one with that mileage that has a performance exhaust and a remap (I know they're meant to be driven fast but it's not going to have been pootling around is it) Be careful with the advert though as they've got a few bits wrong, it's not got climate control, just aircon and Albi blue is metallic and not solid (not that it's overly important). Also be careful with the hid kit as it's got reflector headlights and not projectors. Not trying to put you off, just make sure you get the one you want.

Thanks for the reply. I am reluctant to buy one with so many miles so perhaps I will give this one a miss. Got a couple of others I'm looking at but just love this one, especially the Recaros. There is a nice one with 50k, just annoying that I will more or less straight away have to get the cambelt done which is about £500(?) if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure on the exact cost as mine isn't due until next year but yes it's about £450-£500 I believe.

Welcome fella

Its a buyers market at the minute and im sure you can pick a decent197 with all the extras for around that sort of money, like youre aware alot will need the big service which can be pricey, id recommend to try and get one with the xenon projector and conering lights aswell as all the other spec, recaros are ok but there not all that imo

Yeah that's true sure one will come up soon, it will be a few weeks till my car is sold anyway. And thanks for the advice, I could do without the recaros just love the way they look but obviously not a necessity.

That's my old car and the cam belt hasn't been done hence the sale didn't want to spend any money on it and yeah they are Laguna wheels sprayed pearl white