Soon to be a Clio 197 owner

Alright guys, new to the site. Had a browse over some threads but thought ide introduce myself before I start posting. Off to pick up a 197 at the weekend, only planning on really using for occasional track day and the odd weekend drive. Bit worried about all the posts about the gearbox problems but ah well. Also own a Subaru sti hatchback which also happen to be ticking time bombs aha. Here she is anyways 06, full service and cambelt done. Hopefully it’s Good’en

Attachments

• 651C9C9F-49B1-4C3D-927D-30741FFC4C6F.png
    651C9C9F-49B1-4C3D-927D-30741FFC4C6F.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
Welcome aboard...
Don’t be too worried about the gearboxes they’re known to have issues but if it’s been looked after you shouldn’t have a problem. Enjoy the car

welcome on board..some boxes have bit the dust but it isnt as bad as people make it...
fingers crossed it's not your case..:thumb:

Alright guys, new to the site. Had a browse over some threads but thought ide introduce myself before I start posting. Off to pick up a 197 at the weekend, only planning on really using for occasional track day and the odd weekend drive. Bit worried about all the posts about the gearbox problems but ah well. Also own a Subaru sti hatchback which also happen to be ticking time bombs aha. Here she is anyways 06, full service and cambelt done. Hopefully it’s Good’en
Welcome to the site, lovely car & colour, just like mines

Welcome!
Good mileage for the age, great colour too. Look forward to seeing more pics.

Welcome:french: Get some decent gearbox oil in it and no doubt it'll be fine.

Evening all, I’m new to the site and just purchased my 06 197. Gearbox went bang on the second day (completely trashed) so just fitted a recon unit and LUK 3 piece clutch kit. Car has had a fair bit of work done all by K-tec racing inc remap, full miltek system, ITG panel filter etc. I’ve had the wheels powder coated gloss black and just about to have the door handles and billets/side repeaters gloss black. Anyone got any thoughts about roof spoilers?

Evening all, I’m new to the site and just purchased my 06 197. Gearbox went bang on the second day (completely trashed) so just fitted a recon unit and LUK 3 piece clutch kit. Car has had a fair bit of work done all by K-tec racing inc remap, full miltek system, ITG panel filter etc. I’ve had the wheels powder coated gloss black and just about to have the door handles and billets/side repeaters gloss black. Anyone got any thoughts about roof spoilers?

welcome..you could have started your own "New member" thread :thumb:

Reactions: Beany
Alright guys, new to the site. Had a browse over some threads but thought ide introduce myself before I start posting. Off to pick up a 197 at the weekend, only planning on really using for occasional track day and the odd weekend drive. Bit worried about all the posts about the gearbox problems but ah well. Also own a Subaru sti hatchback which also happen to be ticking time bombs aha. Here she is anyways 06, full service and cambelt done. Hopefully
welcome..you could have started your own "New member" thread :thumb:
yeah I’ve just realised I could have done that lol not been on the forum before