Soon to be 197 owner Sussex

Hello

A quick bit of info about me, as boring as it is!

I have owned a few nice cars over my 6 years of driving, I am an enthusiast and enjoy getting my hands dirty for sure.
I will ALWAYS do my best to fit parts and service the car at home as I am fortunate enough to have millions of tools, home built Workshop at her parents, space and time (no kids). The only way in my opinion to learn about a car is to do the work yourself.

A few of my cars have been:

mk5 golf gti edition 30 stage 2 334bhp 341 lbft
honda civic type r ep3 premier edition cosmic completely OEM low milage!
mk4 golf r32 stage 2 251bhp
honda civic type r ep premier edition NHB few suspension mods, no 12" back box

I signed up here late last year as I was thinking about my new daily, it had to be a hatch, fun to drive and reliable. I saw a few good reviews about the clio III rs and thought that it would be the perfect daily for me due to my situation. I have been living with her parents for around 3 years so that we can save for our mortgage (southeast prices are crazy) we have finally saved our deposit (without help to buy, hence the 3 years saving!) I am currently waiting to complete on our house this month/early May latest. I now feel that the time has come to enjoy a car again without spending thousands on it. I sold my edition 30 (5 figure money pit) to start with, bought a type r, I hated it as the difference between the 2 cars was ridiculous. So I sold the type R fairly quickly and bought the MK4 R32, again, I hated that! as it was to heavy and bogged down to much round the B roads that I am surrounded by. I ended up with another type R as it was fairly cheap given the spec it came with. I now really ,really fancy a clio RS =) which brings me to your lovely forum :jase:

I know everyone says this but I genuinely treat my cars with full respect, only ever give them parts that are genuine or uprated recommended parts. I always service twice a year without fail regardless of the manufactures service book stating 12,000 etc. I am also a massive detailing freak, but I also enjoy a EARLY dawn B road blast at the weekends. My plans is to buy a low mileage clean, UN-damaged 197 that yes I will detail and maintain to the highest level and also drive it as it was designed to be driven. I have said for my last few cars that I will do track days, ring trips etc and they never happen, Mainly due to the house. But I will track the Clio once it is ready for track and money is there to waste on various sets of track tyres & pads that will sit in the shed for months till the next time :lol:. Obviously we have just brought our first home which needs the drive widening and a bit of work, so our first few months money wont be piled into the Clio for obvious reasons, but I think by late summer I will begin building a B road/track fun car over the winter until the spring comes 2017.

Enough of my life, I have just re read this and thought I sound like a drunk rambling on down the pub to another car guy :lol:

Please let me know of any low milage decent spec 197 CUPs for sale, cruise control and recaros and xenons are a must, a few mods will be great too. Budget to buy is right up there with the cars in the desired spec, milage, colour and cost that ive seen on ebay etc but I would rather buy a known car from a forum.

Speak soon

Jake.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Nice car history. Know what you mean about S.E. house prices - I moved from Surrey up to Inverness, night & day difference! Can't help you with a car but get a good one, look after it and you will love it!

Welcome along Jake. Quite the essay you've written there haha.

Appeard you know what your after, so do your homework on the right car, you might have to wait a bit for the right car to come up. Feel free to become w paid member and you can see the classifieds and cars for sale.

Welcome :smile: One piece of advice is don't rush when buying. The right car will come up even if it takes a little bit of time.

Thanks for the welcomes guys :001_rolleyes: I bet Inverness is a fair bit cheaper!

I have been having the odd look in the evenings maybe once a week or 2 but nothing stands out on the web auction sites. Now I know I am looking for one defiantly I will be looking more frequently. I am in no rush to buy any old Clio I will wait for the right one with spec etc, it will come eventually. I waited 11 months for my edition 30 to come up. anyway, I still haven't advertised my EP3...

I did pay when I first signed up last year =D every little helps to keep forums going! In the mean time I will research everything to do with the 197 so I dont buy pointless or less performing parts etc.. Hopefully I will have a thread up soon of my Clio :thumbup1:

Welcome to the forum Jake :smile:

Good luck in your search for the right car. Some very nice ones do come up on the forum so keep an eye out. Any questions feel free to ask.

If I was buying a 197 I would want a r27 in liquid yellow. Good luck on your search mate , be patient.

thank you all for your welcomes, seems to be a great friendly forum :smile:

I am sure I will have many questions for the wise members on here :thumbup1:

Jake