Hello people! Soon to be 197 owner and leaving the type R scene!

Hi guys,

im Jack, live near Bromyard in Worcester and have a civic type R ep3 at the moment, civic just doesn't give the grin my old mapped 182 did so decided to come back to the Clio side of things but I'm going for a 197 and going to do the megane conversion a few people have been doing!

I'm on the lookout for a 197 that needs some work or engine work so I can the transplant and have managed to find one from a chap in Norfolk that all being well I can collect in the next couple of weeks!

Look forward to spunking my money all over the for sale section :lol:

cheers guys! im looking forward to it! out of curiosity what power can the meg 225/230 lump and box take? I belive 290bhp is tops? lets say you wanted to make around 330/350?

thanks guys

ps, im aware drive will be affected but I need to make this faster than my previous golf I had :wink:

cheers guys! im looking forward to it! out of curiosity what power can the meg 225/230 lump and box take? I belive 290bhp is tops? lets say you wanted to make around 330/350?

thanks guys

ps, im aware drive will be affected but I need to make this faster than my previous golf I had :wink:

Meg 225 rods tend to fail at 300 ft/ib. Meg 250 engines are stronger but like rocking horse poo. You can forge a 225 engine for the same price. Check my project thread out, currently installing my fully forged 225 engine.

Mine has an R26 engine and box with the following:

250 Turbo
630cc injectors
3" DP
Induction kit
SC Auto's FMIC
RS Tuning map

Power is 295bhp and 315 ft/lb. I've had a good play with a Stage one Megane 250 (map only) as well as a 250 with a DP, FMIC and map (315bhp/350ft/lb) and there isn't a great deal in it. The easiest way to reach 330/350 would be to go with a 250 engine with a Hybrid turbo, DP, FMIC, Injectors and a map. Alternatively as [MENTION=50319]Stephenvenning[/MENTION] said go forged 225/R26.

Mine has an R26 engine and box with the following:

250 Turbo
630cc injectors
3" DP
Induction kit
SC Auto's FMIC
RS Tuning map

Power is 295bhp and 315 ft/lb. I've had a good play with a Stage one Megane 250 (map only) as well as a 250 with a DP, FMIC and map (315bhp/350ft/lb) and there isn't a great deal in it. The easiest way to reach 330/350 would be to go with a 250 engine with a Hybrid turbo, DP, FMIC, Injectors and a map. Alternatively as @Stephenvenning said go forged 225/R26.

i thought the Clio should pull away pretty easily given the slight weight difference?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9