someone's else's brain needed!

Ok got round to doing my footwell lights on my 197 , took out the stereo(using the power button from the stereo as it lights up to supply these footwells) and then attached the footwell wires too wires behind the stereo just taped in place atm , flicked the sidelights on and main beams on and the footwells come on , thought too myself this is brilliant easy soo far , then now when i put the sidelights on and turn on the engine the footwells go out :'( anyone got any ideas on the 2 cables i need to attach too and what colour if they know , would save me time tomorrow been at this for just under 4 hours so far better be worth it in the end :w00t:

In my mk2 Clio I linked them to the cigarette lighter as it had a ring around which would light up when you turned on the lights. I can't remember if my 197 has this. If not I can't help.

Is the 197 not canbus?

If it is i doubt you'll be able to take power from many places.

I'd also take the power from the maplights so they only come on when the interior lights are on, you don't really want them on whilst you're driving.

Otherwise, perhaps try taking power from the switched live wire from the stereo loom, this will give power to the lights whenever the ignition is on.

yeh got this sorted now took a supply from behind the stereo and now it only comes on when sidelights / main beams are on :smiley:!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cossers General Chat 8
Arran Other Marques 16