Somebody please help!

Discussion in 'Clio 200 Area' started by Chris.200, May 1, 2018.

1. Chris.200

Chris.200 Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 3 200
    Hi all, new to the forum. Apologies if this is the wrong section etc but I’m having a nightmare trying to get the oil filter off my 200

Oil is drained, can’t go anywhere :blush: got to get the train to work tomorrow.

So the oil filter won’t budge, tried wd40, got some oil filter pliers but they keep slipping. Chain tools are too fiddly for where it is. Anybody got any ideas? I presume I’m turning the correct way, anti-clock wise as you face the front of the car.

Any tips welcome, thanks.

2. Barney626

Barney626 Winner - POTM December 2017

Car:
    Clio 197 - Nimbus
    When I did mine got under the car, flicked a chain tool over the top and had someone with a screw driver making sure the top bit didnt fall off.

Just had to give it the absolute beans to budge it. Every time I've done it, it's caved the filter in it took so much force.

3. Chris.200

Chris.200 Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 3 200
    Thanks Barney, will try that tomorrow. Last resort is screwdriver and hammer

4. link

link Gold Member

Car:
    Clio 197 RB
    Has to do this once on an F7R engine as some dick had put it on dry, it was still tight after a full turn... :chris2:

5. Chris.200

Chris.200 Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 3 200
    Update!

Filter is removed!

Had to put a screw driver through, then a few whacks with a massive hammer

Barney626 likes this.
  6. LOCKE

LOCKE Paid Member

Car:
    RB 182 Cup/LY 197 R27
    Filter seals should be oiled and hand tightened only. Sounds like yours was a nightmare. There is not much room at the best of times!

7. Chris.200

Chris.200 Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 3 200
    It was ridiculous to be honest, screwdriver went through the bottom and poked out the top of the filter. Then had to take the air feed out, 70 year old 50cm chisel over the end of the driver, then a few massive bangs with a few hammer and it finally moved and inch!

Oiled up the new one before putting in so should be better next year!