197: Some sad news :(

Hi guys, so unfortunately on Tuesday I was driving back from a little day out to Castleton in the sunny weather with a friend to celebrate handing our last university assignment in when I had an accident :worried:

No-one else involved - was a very tight 90 degree right corner going under a bridge, slammed the brakes on but I think just didn't anticipate it well enough, tried to keep over to the left whilst turning as much as possible to avoid any traffic that might have been incoming but by doing so have hit dust/dirt on the side of the road causing my back end to go out and smash into the bridge (rebounding us in the opposite direction from the force.)

The air bags did their job and both came out with minor injuries fortunately. Naturally, I'm absolutely gutted as I haven't had it very long and I had alot of plans for it. After being on the phone to Admiral they think that with the extent of the damage, I will receive a pay out rather than repair (Still waiting for them to assess and confirm this though). Also luckily due to protecting my no claims literally a couple of months ago, they should not be affected so every cloud has a silver lining and all that...

I was in love with the car and the colour therefore I'm pretty certain that I will buy another of the same, possibly with a few extra spec (climate control would be nice) and cam-belt done. I'm not ready to give up on the cars yet as I don't feel like I have had all the fun out of them that I want.
So I ask that if any of you are selling or know anyone that is selling an albi around 4k-6k then let me know and I'll have a nosey!

P.S. I've seen a few on auto trader that look like what I would be after, wonder if anyones on here?
  • http://tinyurl.com/c6dh9w6 £5.6k - No cambelt mention but looks lovely, if the insurers gave me the cash right now I'd probably be viewing this one!

Here's a couple of pictures of my poor Clio in a sorry state after being recovered:
2013-05-08161153_zpsf14edbef.jpg
2013-05-08161223_zps8a619d23.jpg

Cheers for reading guys.

Ouch! Looks bad, but at least your both ok!

These roads round Manifold valley have claimed a few in recent weeks! A good friend rolled his 205 down there last weekend!

Am sure that will polish out!

In all seriousness, ouch, hope all works out for you and you're back driving a 197 soon.

Ouch looks nasty glad your ok thou and I feel your pain my R26 was wrote off last week with less damage than that

Cheers guys...this was my first ever accident as well whilst I have been driving 4/5 years so it was all a bit of a shock, didn't feel real at the time! Anyway, yeah hopefully I should be back sorted in no time :smile:

Gosh, I'd be ruddy gutted too man! Glad you're all okay - that's the main thing. Also, very lucky with the insurance!!

It was bad, but it could've been a lot worse. Sounds weird, but think yourself lucky. :smile:

You'll have no issue getting another - Albi is very popular. :wink:

ouch i can only dream of that happening to me, it would free me from the financial prison that is my Clio.

At least your ok though, thats what air bags are for.

Does your Clio have Recaro's? If so, ask if you can take them off the car before its scrapped :smile: Would be a nice £1k probably against your next car.

ouch i can only dream of that happening to me, it would free me from the financial prison that is my Clio.

At least your ok though, thats what air bags are for.

Does your Clio have Recaro's? If so, ask if you can take them off the car before its scrapped :smile: Would be a nice £1k probably against your next car.

Afraid not buddy, just the normal ren sport ones. It is a bit annoying though cos the entire rest of the car is alright - i.e. the engine and entire front end really. I have thought about buying it off them and selling parts but I'm not really sure what my options are regarding that front if it's getting salvaged which is most likely.

The other thing is I'd have to have somewhere to store it which I probably don't have and it's all just a bit of hassle compared to getting my money back and getting another!

EDIT: And P.S. I hope you were joking about dreaming it would happen to you because I wouldn't wish it on anybody that's for sure!

*snip*
Sorry for the bad news bud!

The main thing is everyone is OK :smile:

Edit: I got the wrong crash repair centre! :bat:

Last edited:
Sorry bud, just looked it was Nationwide Crash Repair we had the trouble with, they're about 100yrds down the road (Saville St.) from Car Clinic. Sorry for the scare dude! :blink:

Sorry bud, just looked it was Nationwide Crash Repair we had the trouble with, they're about 100yrds down the road (Saville St.) from Car Clinic. Sorry for the scare dude! :blink:

Ahh no probs ! TBH, I still think personally i'd rather it not be repaired as i'd hardly get anything back when I eventually sell it on again due to declaring it damaged .. but we'll see eh

Insurance will go up nicely still though.

Guess you wished you were going slower now and could of looked at the road better. Expensive mistake to make.

Ahh no probs ! TBH, I still think personally i'd rather it not be repaired as i'd hardly get anything back when I eventually sell it on again due to declaring it damaged .. but we'll see eh

It wouldn't affect resale value if the insurance company decide to repair it, that only happens if it's written off first (cat C or D).

Can't see them repairing that though to be honest!

Insurance will go up nicely still though.

Guess you wished you were going slower now and could of looked at the road better. Expensive mistake to make.

Yeah, lesson learnt - we all make mistakes though.

It wouldn't affect resale value if the insurance company decide to repair it, that only happens if it's written off first (cat C or D).

Can't see them repairing that though to be honest!

Ah, cheers for clearing that up Chris.

Similar Thread Suggestions