So who is moaning about our gearboxes then??

Yiannis197

Paid Member
So, I was driving my sister's 8k miles 60 plate Range Rover Sport yesterday (wanted to move some stuff, the only reason to take the big car) on North Circular minding my own business doing around 50mph. At some point I passed onto the right lane to overtake a slower car, full throttle and then boom, it happened.

The engine cut out completely, no response to the throttle, no power whatsoever, with a message in the dashboard reading ''gearbox error'', and all that while overtaking on a 3 lane road!!! L O L! To say I was not impressed is an understatement!

Thankfully there was no traffic so I managed to pull left slowly and luckily the gearbox re-engaged when the speed dropped to 30mph (didn't have to call AA thank f£^k for that) but that was it really. Every attempt to press the throttle more than 10% caused kangooroing, as if the gearbox was confused and didn't know which gear to select. Not good!

i had a quick look on the internet and apparently RR are the least reliable cars (lol) with the most warranty claims! And I'm sure this is far more expensive to fix than our lovely clio. And we are talking about a relatively new car with very low mileage and £65k pricetag when new!

Anyone complaining about our gearboxes then?? At least we can find a used one for £200-300 on ebay!!lol

That fact its not a RR built box, doesn't mean its allowed to break though. Our gaffer has a RR vogue, and he's had a fair few problems with it. We bust the air suspension once by sitting in the workshop making it go up and down like the children we are :smiley:...

My Old Man's got an Overfinch which has had a fair fews things replaced/fixed on warranty. He's getting rid in June for that reason.

Still, they look badass and make you feel like a gangster 8)

Guy in work just spent £2700 to get his Range Rover auto box reconditioned and re-fitted.

Same issue as above.

rr will be using zf boxes i would think - so yes its fitted to their vehicle but not exactly their fault its a 3rd party supplier but either way still not good for the owner...

Make you feel like a gangster? Your joking right? I handed over 2 range rover sport autobiographies today at work and when I went to road test them I felt like a Tw@t

Colust wait to get out of them