gearboxes ...whats the difference

Looking at a new box since mine has started to crunch 4th, but there seems to be two boxes TL4003 and TL4024 but whats the difference?

What reg is it if it's 2006 to early 2007 it's one the other is late 2007 on a 57 plate

You want the later box if possible, it has longer 5th and 6th gears for better economy. It's only marginally better, 18.5mph/1k revs compared to 20mph/1k revs in 6th gear I think.

Hi
I currently have 2006 197 which have TL4003 gearbox in standard. If i buy 024 box, will it fit straight on? I know gear ratios will be different but thats just fine for better mpg and less noise.
What else i have to consider, car is 33.000miles driven. Clutch works as new.
Fist owner was older woman so not racing at all and soft driving. (Frot pads were rusted to calibers)..

Last edited:
the tl4 is fitted to other renaults both petrol and diesel

theres a label on them telling you year and type etc

Hi
I currently have 2006 made 197 which have TL4003 gearbox in standard. If i buy 024 box will it fit straight on? I know gear ratios will be different but thats just fine for better mpg and less noise.
What else i have to consider, car is 33.000miles driven. Clutch works as new.
Fist owner was older woman so not racing at all and soft driving. (Frot pads were rusted to calibers)..

fit a new clutch!

hydraulic slave cylinders can go and its a gearbox out job to change