So what's your job?

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
What jobs do you all have to fund the very expensive privilege of owning a fuel guzzeling Clio?

I'm a 'QA Engineer' for a security software company. Basically I test the software, try to break it make sure it works etc... :smiley:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Data analyst-type person at a university. Basically our team are responsible for the upkeep and integrity of all computerized records kept at the Uni (student records, curriculum, exams etc.). Not the most fun in the world, but it's really a stop-gap as I'm studying part-time to become a primary school teacher.

IT support technican for an agricultural firm, making sure engineers diagnostics kits are working correctly, supporting the users daily problems with anything that has a plug on it! When everythings working correctly, its mainly project work, process documentation etc... or posting here O_o

Reactions: sevenfourate
Data analyst-type person at a university. Basically our team are responsible for the upkeep and integrity of all computerized records kept at the Uni (student records, curriculum, exams etc.). Not the most fun in the world, but it's really a stop-gap as I'm studying part-time to become a primary school teacher.

How long have you got left studying to become a primary school teacher? :smiley:

IT support technican for an agricultural firm, making sure engineers diagnostics kits are working correctly, supporting the users daily problems with anything that has a plug on it! When everythings working correctly, its mainly project work, process documentation etc... or posting here O_o

Reminds me of that saying ... when everything is working fine = "what do we pay you for?!" When everything is broken = "what do we pay you for?!" :tearsofjoy:

How long have you got left studying to become a primary school teacher? :smiley:

will finish my degree in 2 years, part-time, here at St Andrews, then onto full-time studying in Dundee for 1 year to do the PGDE :smile: Can't wait!

Reactions: Dystant
will finish my degree in 2 years, part-time, here at St Andrews, then onto full-time studying in Dundee for 1 year to do the PGDE :smile: Can't wait!

Awesome man! You enjoying the course so far? :smiley:

What's the PGDE? Like an exam you have to pass or something to be a qualified teacher?

Reactions: Sean197
Awesome man! You enjoying the course so far? :smiley:

What's the PGDE? Like an exam you have to pass or something to be a qualified teacher?

PGDE - Post-Graduate Diploma of Education - http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/pg/primary-education/ basically a 1-year Post-grad course, with school placements included for practical experience. You do coursework at Uni, and then when out in a school you get examined on your teaching.
Current degree course is alright, I'm not really fussed about it either way tbh, just getting on with it as something that I have to do to get where I want to be!

Im a datawarehouse developer -in simple terms - dealing with tonnes of data, merging it all together and producing output (reports) in a format which mean something to everyone else. Main technology used = SQL server. Good to see some other techies in here too.

Reactions: RossWoods93
Im a datawarehouse developer -in simple terms - dealing with tonnes of data, merging it all together and producing output (reports) in a format which mean something to everyone else. Main technology used = SQL server. Good to see some other techies in here too.

I work with a data warehouse every day. Thankfully I don't maintain or develop it, I'm just one of the people constantly putting in heldesk calls as it's bloody useless lol

I work with a data warehouse every day. Thankfully I don't maintain or develop it, I'm just one of the people constantly putting in heldesk calls as it's bloody useless lol

Nice, so you use excel to interrogate? Thing is, there are lots of moving parts inside a data warehouse - if 1 fails, often has a detrimental knock on affect to the rest of the processes. However, doesnt remove the fact that the users still want their data - a balancing act for sure.

Nice, so you use excel to interrogate? Thing is, there are lots of moving parts inside a data warehouse - if 1 fails, often has a detrimental knock on affect to the rest of the processes. However, doesnt remove the fact that the users still want their data - a balancing act for sure.

We use Access queries rather than Excel.

Main technology used = SQL server. Good to see some other techies in here too.

I've used SQL Server a tiny bit... nothing too complicated though, just finding certain records and updating them, hats off to you if you can properly use it though, it's a very complicated, very powerful tool lol.

PGDE - Post-Graduate Diploma of Education - http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/pg/primary-education/ basically a 1-year Post-grad course, with school placements included for practical experience. You do coursework at Uni, and then when out in a school you get examined on your teaching.
Current degree course is alright, I'm not really fussed about it either way tbh, just getting on with it as something that I have to do to get where I want to be!

Well good luck with it all man, seems like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will all be worth it when you finish!

Reactions: Sean197