So then the wife comes home........

M

Mentalpen

"Don't get angry, what's done is done and I change change it now".

Like you I'm also thinking ok it's just a car, at least she's ok and walking, thats all that matters...... Well depending on the damage that is :wink:

"So go on then" I say, looking down at the floor.

"I was just coming off the A64 and went round the bend and the next thing I know there is the speed camera van"

She then reels of war and piece like I'm gonna go and drive and chat to the van bloke and square it with him. At this point we haven't discussed numbers.......

"So what speed were you doing?"

"68"

Now at this point I struggled not to piss my self, "68!"

"I know, I know" blah, blah, blah but its just £60

"Oh and that's ok cause I'll just bail you out? And what about the 3 points? And the insurance hike for the next three years?"

"Points! I get points!!! Oh no....."

"Just take the boys to football so I can calm down" I say.

Didn't have the heart to say I recon she will be fine and if not I couldn't care less as at least the car is fine.

So I thought I'd do this to the calendar for when she got back.....

yru6ama6.jpg

She started crying after seeing it

:rain:

Apparently some tool was up her arse and she booted it.......

Hero to zero in 60 seconds :lol:

She says she then saw the van and thought arrr well and kept her foot in :poke:

I was shocked just how many references you can make to speeding even when watching TV, that churchill advert with the spoons on the noses and speeding drivers was on 3 times during education yorkshire alone :tongueout:roud:

I sleep very well at night and during the day when I get the chance.

If your daft enough to keep your foot in when you see the van you deserve all that I can give.

It's me who will pay the fine and insure the car so I'm gonna get my money's worth :wink:

This is going to sound daft but I don't get what the picture is about :S.

Gutted about the fine though, those sneaky b@stards!

Ahhh, I thought it might have been that, cheers. Not had a ticket yet so didn't know the procedure, better not tempt fate though :S.

Neither have I hence me being a smug git, iirc if you don't have a ticket within 14 days then you are ok.

Looking at the law the van has to have 400 yards view but I don't think it will have there but if she has been caught I'll see if she can do a course. She only thinks she was doing 68 but I can't see it from where she says it was as she had done 30 through the village hence the tool up her arse.

Either way its no biggie and I've told her to drive the same tonight upto 60 to see if she miss read the speedo in panic.