Recaros uncomfortable (wife)

chris1888-197

Paid Member
:chair: went to Yorkshire for 5 days with the wife and kids a 240 mile journey and the wife said she hated the recaros, that they were so uncomfortable!! I actually thought they were ok. Does anyone else other half moan or hate the recaros for been uncomfortable? She even made a statement ( I think you should get rid of them) wich is never going to happen lol. Really enjoyed the drive as some beautiful roads down that way. Seen a glacier white 197 cup in pickering, think it might have been for sale as had some advertising on the window. Looked in excellent condition.

I think it's a female thing because I have the same problem with my girlfirend and mum but then every male that gets in my car loves the recaros and wants them in there's

Mine loves them :lol:

Although I have had girls moan in the past. It's a woman thing!

My mum thought mine were spot on. My step mum hated the whole car, not just the recaros though. They are strange creatures.

Mine loves them :lol:

Although I have had girls moan in the past. It's a woman thing!

The thing is! She loved them when we were at home on journeys that were not too long. She actually said when I 1st got them they were quite comfortable. As you said a woman thing lol!

Keep the Recaros and get ridd of the wife lol

Pmsl!! Good point there lol. She will just need to do with the back seats lol or il get her a bus times leaflet. Got to say some amazing roads down Yorkshire way! Nearly crashed into the back of a Mercedes on the way down due to some idiot in a transit connect slamming on his brakes to take a look at a new shape fiesta st that had been badly smashed at the back end!! If the brakes had not been so good in the clio would not have liked to think what would have happened.

Glad you enjoyed the roads round Yorkshire Chris, they are a lot of fun to drive on. Did you do a few of the ones round Pickering then?

OT, any passengers I have in the Recaros whinge about how hard they are to get in and out of...after dragging their arses over the bolster :poke: they are quite thinly padded though so not ideal for long distances, but they work a treat when you're going round the bends!

Get them leather trimmed with some extra padding :smile:

Sadly this probably won't work. My car's original owner specified bespoke leather covers on the recaros with extra padding and my Mrs won't go on a journey of more than an hour in the Clio. She too thought they were comfortable at 1st but short journeys only now. She's actually grown to hate the Clio so it's just as well it's my second car for weekend fun. Added bonus is that I can throw it around more when she's not with me!

My missis likes them, however winges when trying to get in or out of them, doesn't help when I say watch the bolsters :chair:
Now got a pair of capital seating covers for them. Don't know how much these protect the sides though.

Glad you enjoyed the roads round Yorkshire Chris, they are a lot of fun to drive on. Did you do a few of the ones round Pickering then?

OT, any passengers I have in the Recaros whinge about how hard they are to get in and out of...after dragging their arses over the bolster :poke: they are quite thinly padded though so not ideal for long distances, but they work a treat when you're going round the bends!

Yeah mate went a run with my Bro round about pickering. Top class roads there, especially for the way the clio handles. Put cooksport springs on a fee weeks back and have to say they are excellent better than I thought they would be. Seen a lovely glacier white 197 cup for sale in pickering looked mint condition. That's sutton bank is some hill . @ rogue would love to get them leathered trimmed bud, maybe after Christmas. Il just feed the wife up over Xmas and xtra padding on her arse can sort the uncomfortable seats out ha ha. @ johnny 99 really only use the clio at the weekends too mate as I have a works van for during the week.

When I first got mine, she hated getting in and out of them as she has a dodgy knee so it made it more difficult. Now she is used to them she is fine. Now issues with comfort either, I'm fine with them too and I tend to find a lot of car seats uncomfy due to a bad back

Don't ever buy a Lotus then Chris, my wife won't get in it, she's been in it twice in a year and that's twice too many. Having said that it does mean I have it all to myself and can drive without hearing instructions of 'car... brake..... slow down' every 30 seconds :rofl:

Last edited:
Don't ever but a Lotus then Chris, my wife won't get in it, she's been in it twice in a year and that's twice too many. Having said that it does mean I have it all to myself and can drive without hearing instructions of 'car... brake..... slow down' every 30 seconds :rofl:

result :thumbup1:

I managed a 1200 mile round trip to Scotland for a couple days and only thing my missus said was the plastic bits were annoying when she wanted to sleep. But yeah she likes them overall and I've done around 50k in my cliors with the seats and can say they are very comfy for a bucket seat

Similar Thread Suggestions