Snow idiots...

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
Is anyone else getting fed up of seeing people drive like complete morons in the snow/ice.

It seems a a lot of people still tailgate as well as if they lose traction just floor it.

It seems the cold has reduced peoples capacity to think......

Is anyone else getting fed up of seeing people drive like complete morons in the snow/ice.

It seems a a lot of people still tailgate as well as if they lose traction just floor it.

It seems the cold has reduced peoples capacity to think......

Reduced??? Nah, always been aload of idiots on the road. The snow just emphasises how bad some people are at driving.

Yeah it winds me up something terrible!

TBH I don't know if the blame is solely with the motorists, as I like many, haven't ever been shown how to drive properly in snowy conditions. I have learnt what to do through reading and pretty much trial and error. However I don't think there is a whole lot that can be done to educate people as most people won't realise they are doing anything wrong - as per usual!

I got really annoyed with lorry drivers on Wednesday when it was at it worst. Every other vehicle apart from them happily sat in the slow lane on the motorway doing less than 30, then they come flying alongside you demonstrating their max 56 and then wonder why they jack knife 5 minutes later!!!

Rant over.

:worried:

I think some people just think they are better drivers than others in any conditions. I also think that 50% of the worst drivers on the road are the one's that cover the most mileage i.e. HGV drivers, van drivers, taxi drivers and of course the sales rep driving the Vauxhall Insignia with the cruise control set at 90 mph no matter what the driving condition is i.e. the snow!!!!

My rant over too!!! :chair:

i love it, we can put a man on the moon but we get a little bit of snow and the entire county shats its pants.

another thing thats funny is with bad weather you get 2 extremes of drivers.

1. when it snows everyone starts driving like fannies

2. when it snows stupid people drive like idiots still doing 90 mph plus, like a BMW that passed me on the m1 on wednesday

I was learnt "only a fool breaks the 2 second rule" that's in the dry and the wet its 4 seconds and 10 sec braking gap at least when snow and ice

Very true Gaz! I have taken the safest option.... Leave the car at home and let other people play dodgems

all people do is drive up other people arse's regardless of weather condition as they arnt going as quick as they want to go, my dad does it too, where what you should do is keep your gap regardless of speed and when clear over take.

all people do is drive up other people arse's regardless of weather condition as they arnt going as quick as they want to go, my dad does it too, where what you should do is keep your gap regardless of speed and when clear over take.

He doesn't drive an Audi does he? :lol:

lol, no week days a 6.5 ton Iveco van and rest of time Mercedes GL, does it more in the van though then the merc

I think some people just think they are better drivers than others in any conditions. I also think that 50% of the worst drivers on the road are the one's that cover the most mileage i.e. HGV drivers, van drivers, taxi drivers and of course the sales rep driving the Vauxhall Insignia with the cruise control set at 90 mph no matter what the driving condition is i.e. the snow!!!!

My rant over too!!! :chair:
:oops: im a van driver
l must be bad:lol:

my old man has got to be the worst in his pug 106
picked me up from work on wed took 50 mins to do a 15 min trip
he never got out of 2nd the whole journey and there was no 1 in front of us for the last 2 mile but loads behind so embarressing :lol:
he is 72 bless him

my old man has got to be the worst in his pug 106
picked me up from work on wed took 50 mins to do a 15 min trip
he never got out of 2nd the whole journey and there was no 1 in front of us for the last 2 mile but loads behind so embarressing :lol:
he is 72 bless him

This really does bring back some memories.
Sorry for the story but please read on..
My Grandad died in the spring of this year, he was a mechanic at our local steel works. He was an expert on RR diesel engines on the locamotives. He used to drive everything from locos to HGVs, although he never possesed the correct licences for either!!! :eek:
I have spent many a good time with him at work.
Anyway back to the point, since he used to drive anything and eveything without a care in the world he was a epic driver........................
until he retired, then he was like a bat out of hell, from being 65 to the age of 75 he would drive everywhere at a million miles an hour, which was very scary! :bye2:
Then all of a sudden he turned into the typical OAP 2nd gear, 20mph everywhere. he went from one extreme to another, which is often spoken about in our household with much laughter.
Finally this bring me on to your comment Roy, which is why I cannot understand why he turned into a slow driver after so long. He wasn't a bad driver just slow.

Thankyou for reading, just writing this has brought back so many memories.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lukepanigale Gallery 0
RossWoods93 General Chat 53
W Clio 197 Area 2
Chris General Chat 23
Barney626 Spotted 1