snow driving

How's everyone finding driving in the ice\snow?? I just came out of a parking space drove around a bend and the car just went sideways :worried:

I got caught in it yesterday, before the gritters had fully had their way - it was mental.

I was on the road for about 90 minutes for what's normally a 30 minute journey. Saw many RWD cars struggling up hills. Some guy in a focus also almost lost it in front of me and did a bit of a tank slapper.

Some people were driving way too slow though - doing 5/10 mph on 60 roads, 'causing people to be silly and try overtaking in the fresh snow. :|

I enjoyed it though - found a quiet car park for some action. :tongueout:

Also, I can see a roundabout from my office window - I sat here working hoping to see a few spins... :smiley:

The Clio is actually pretty good IMO even on the standard Contis, as long as you can get moving.

Yeah think the Clio is alright, thing that annoys me is the people who drive about 5mph.... The main roads are all gritted so it's just water on the road. These people are more dangerous than anything!! IMO anyway lol

I had massive problems last year on conti SC3 with near minimum tread but this year I'm on nearly new conti SC5 and finding everything ok!

I had a bit of trouble today getting out of my road mainly because cars had compacted the snow down, but slow on the throttle slowly got me out. However, one guy being a prat on a little side road was deliberately wheel spinning everywhere and instead of stopping went straight through someones 6 foot garden fence. Was funny to watch.....Prat!

mine gave up on me and i couldn't get home from work as it quit on me going up a hill so i had to abandon it on a verge for the night. sad times :worried: least i work in a hotel and there was rooms available!

Been ok this morning despite still driving on track tyres....

Just taking it very steady. Turned off the traction control though and drove it with a bit of throttle and some gentle clutch work.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lukepanigale Gallery 0
RossWoods93 General Chat 53
W Clio 197 Area 2
Chris General Chat 23
C Clio General Chat 50