Silverstone GP #44

Ok, so may as well start one of these project threads as it saves starting a new one every time i add something.

I purchased my first 200 exactly 3 years ago today and i think it was one of the first ones on the road at the time. It was in the shape of a GW Cup and i loved the car to bits.

DSC_0813.jpg

After 2 years of owning it i decided to pop down to my local Renault garage to take a look at a Meg 250, but i could not justify spending that much money on a car i would only be driving around 5k miles a year.

So instead i purchased a new 200 Silverstone GP Edition. Not a massive step up but a lot better than the cup specced car. I had no major plans for the car as im not really into track days, so the aim from here was to just keep it clean. This picture was taken when i picked the car up. Didnt have clue it was planned other wise i would have dressed for the occasion. :glare:

304334_272715546080320_1897712988_n.jpg

Having owned the Cup i knew the front end got pretty smashed up with stone chips, so the day i purchased the car it was dropped off to Venture Shield and a clear vinyl shield was added to the front section of the car and the rear arch area just in front of the wheels.

DSC_0172.jpg

I had already purchased a set of projector headlights and HIDs for my old Cup and managed to fit these to the Silverstone as the standard lights are rubbish/ almost dangerous.

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

Two weeks after picking up the car i went of to Afghan for a few months so it just sat in the garage doing nothing.

My next purchase on return to the uk was the Renaultsport gear knob. Nothing special but a lot nicer than the standard item.

DSC_0401.jpg

I then went to the states with work for 3 months and whilst i was away i ordered some of Fernandez`s carbon exhaust trims. I fitted these a couple of days after i returned and also booked the car in to get the front end vinyl wrapped to match the Akra editions front bumper. 5 week wait :thumbdown:

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

So a couple of weeks ago i dropped the car down to Robbie at valet magic and the guys there worked their magic ;/ on the front bumper. I was over the moon with the finished article and it totally changed the front end of the car.

DSC_0486.jpg

Well since then not a lot has changed. My dog managed to knock one of my wheels over and it scuffed the face. So im now looking for a replacement wheel or a set of cup wheels but this can wait as im soon to be going back to Afghan again so this will happen in the new year.

The plan now is to just keep the car clean. Here are some pictures from today

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0634.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0632.jpg

Other plans are:

My cans of plasti-dip turn up in the next day or two so i will be having a play with that.

Cup Racer wheels + 16mm spacers
or
Replace the one wheel and 20mm spacers all round

Elbach Pro lowering springs
Carbon Cup spoiler tips (Fernandez :bounce:smile:

I would imagine most of the above will happen upon my return.

Every one knows I'm not a fan of the ugly faced 200 but this looks totally different I think it looks absolute brilliant I would actually buy your car the colour scheme is lish well done mate:smile::smile::smile: