Sidelights stopped working

CallorFold

Platinum Member
Both sidelights seem to have stopped working at the same time, is it safe to assume this is down to a blown fuse?

The dash still lights up so I assume the stalk is fine, both bulbs are relatively new (1-year ish)

Assuming it is a fuse, does anyone have any info on where the fuse is for the sidelights? Checked the owners manual which was useless, and struggling to really find any info or pics online too.... From what I've discovered there's 2 or 3 fuse locations for the MK3 Clio's? In car (under the steering wheel), Engine Bay infront of the battery, and the final one (which I think is where the sidelight fuse might be?) is in a stupid location under the air intake trumpet?

If someone could confirm before I start pulling parts off that would be great :smiley:

ETA: All other exterior and interior lights are working as expected

I'm fairly confident it'll be the engine compartment fuse box that has the (potentially) blown fuse in it. It wouldn't surprise me if both bulbs failed at the same time, as both my numberplate lights did the same

Popped into local electrical garage today as I was passing, they assured me it was unlikely to be the fuse as the rear lights were all still working and suggested trying bulbs first. Apparently speed-bumps are the most common cause for bulb failure... maybe I need to slow down a bit. 2 new OSRAMS ordered on Amazon Prime which should arrive tomorrow... time to get my hands all cut up, again..

So turns out it was the bulbs. Thanks to Amazon Prime 2 new OSRAMS arrived at my front door today.

This job is definitely easier the 2nd time around. 15mins to do both sides, and only 1 small cut to the back of my hand - I'll count that as a win.

Top tip for sidelight bulb (passenger side), no need to remove air intake trumpet, just unscrew the bonet alarm and pull it up out the way. Don't even try getting your hand down there to reach the clips, just use a long flat head screw driver. As long as you can poke one of the retaining clips you can flick the whole unit out to get access to the bulb. To put it back, do the same, just poke and press with a long flat head.

Reactions: Jimmy