Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Yeah well I live close to mk and was looking for a 200 for about two months lol. They had it up for £8900 originally then dropped to £8500

Salesman said that the price had only just been dropped when i spoke to him on the phone.

I ended up taking it "as is" for £8300.

Yours looks lovely BTW.......

Last edited:
Nice one mate. racing blue is nice.

thanks I originally wanted a storm grey or alien green but after all colours in the flesh I decided on glacier white. Doesn't stay white too long tho :worried: lol

Just finishing up the last few bits to "make it mine" today , and this includes touching up a couple of marks on the wheels.

I've quickly realised how much i loathe (Strong..........but i mean it) the stock "Satin" (?) finish.

Car leaves the factory with Gloss Black front bumper, Gloss Black mirrors, Gloss Black diffuser............and Satin Black wheels.

Makes no sense.......

**Will be talking to the Powder-coat guy we use alot at work and seeing how quickly he can fit me in for his "drive-in / drive-out" service for a Gloss Black re-finish on Tuesday.

AMAZING stroke of luck today :biggrin:

Long story....but next Saturday im cleaning a caravan; and my powder-coater is doing my wheels Gloss black this Friday as a trade of services.

RESULT !!!!!

Last edited:
Tomorrow we get to see if my vision of gloss (Not Stain) black wheels was a good idea or not...........

da0fb79b-d93c-4aa3-975a-6b2452eb401a_zpskurbp8u9.jpg

Getting there.....

This week i've fitted: New spark-plugs, panel air-filter, cabin filter, new wipers front and rear, near rear wiper arm, new floor mats, bee sting aerial, wheel-nut caps, new RenaultSport badge on boot....not to mention getting the wheels powder-coated black, new front tyres, black centre-caps to match wheels and a full brake service while the wheels were off along with painting all the hubs gloss black.......

IMG_4234_zpsdkbzkaus.jpg

Wheels in Gloss black instead of standard "satin", with black wheel-nut covers and Black centre-caps to match:

P1030644_zpsyx9z38ri.jpg

Also - its amazing to me how much this colour changes. Heres the cars after fitting the wheels after powder-coating.....which was quite late in the evening after work:

IMG_4230_zps8twqb2va.jpg

And heres the car as it sits now after a clean, and in the sunshine !

P1030643_zpszvm0kaui.jpg

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Thanks guys :clap:

I really am unbelievably anal about my vehicles. Mechanically and aesthetically. You'll see as time goes on. No expense spared doesn't scratch the surface.....(Pardon the pun)

Wheels are awesome cheers. Its the powder-coater we use at work and i trust implicitly. Deep gloss black with 2 if not 3 thick coats of lacquer.

The wheel-bolt covers were these. Really nice fit and the other nice touch was they come with a "key" to make removal very easy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321684617682?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Looking good , can you put a photo of the whole car with new wheels ?

Yeah I have conti 5's there decent.

Oops lol I only read the last page.

looking good mate , real improvement over the satin finish.

i need mine done , how much did it set you back ?

Its £200 down here at this place; if you take wheels / tyres in. Or £250 for a drive-in.....drive-out service.

I paid £10, and i'm helping the owner of the Powder-coaters Clay-bar a caravan next weekend in return for the rest. Suited us both !!

Me being me i'm not entirely happy with my 20+ hours exterior detail / polish / wax etc. Particularly on bonnet, roof and boot. Finish looks perfect from 5 yards away and feels like glass. There appear to be some very slight marring mark however in the right light and from certain angles.........

So machine polishing started today.

3.5 hours on just the bonnet this am, including cutting and then polishing with SRP - and this after a thorough clean and then de-toxing with a special shampoo to help get rid of previous layers of protection. The 2nd coat of Dodo-juice Supernatural Hybrid sealer is now drying. Then some top wax goes on.

This could run a while...............

Good clean today after yesterdays bonnet polish.

And some pics taken right beside the sea, at Ness Point in Lowestoft, Suffolk - which is THE most Easterly part of land in the UK:

P1030647_zpskepjhuzz.jpg

P1030650_zpscwqqnrgr.jpg

P1030649_zpssvhtbnow.jpg

P1030646_zpsn8t6bcr6.jpg

P1030652_zpsd3oggx2a.jpg

Looking awesome 

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Cheers pal.

Just awaiting the paperwork from DVLA for my cherished number to be transferred over, and generally i'll be pretty happy.

Do i NEED Black Renault badges though ? (Or just rear) Has occurred to me it might look a bit better.........