Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Good work on the C2 mate, always better to have something like that for track, your son will love it, wish I had something like that when I was his age, you're a dad-lad!

Reactions: sevenfourate
What a fun little weapon that will be - wouldn't have minded one of those as my first car! At least you know your way around a French car for when those gremlins rear their ugly little heads.
Should get him booked onto an MSV novice track day with batches of sessions, I'm sure they'll do Snetterton. I know it has a couple of long straights, but where better to learn high and low speed cornering?

Thanks for that.

I've already had a couple of messages here today - suggesting just these very days ! I know you can do evening open-pit sessions from 4pm at Snetterton (Our most local track @ around 30 miles away) for about £60 i think. These / this track on an MSV Novice day is likely to be our first port of call. Also hoping do Bedford; and Santa Pod on a RWYB day too. He'll just love being out there. I hope :hearteyes:

Good purchase mate!

You and your lad will have many miles and hours of fun in that I'm sure. What a MEGA father and son activity too. Will be worth every single penny I'm sure!

Cheers Mes. Just getting out there amongst it, improving his driving-experience base and having a crack with your lad - who's showing an interest - it whats its about.

Good work on the C2 mate, always better to have something like that for track, your son will love it, wish I had something like that when I was his age, you're a dad-lad!

Yes, the car is itself is irrelevant. Experiences are what life is about hey. As much as i love material things, the fun and laughter an old semi-warm hatch should bring will be brilliant....

Reactions: ///M and Beany
Evening sessions at Snetterton are around the £69 mark Shuv. I found it a slightly more grown-up circuit than Bedford which is a good track for beginners imo.
Would love another crack at the 1/4mile!! Blast from the past eh!
Enjoy. Good times ahead

Evening sessions at Snetterton are around the £69 mark Shuv. I found it a slightly more grown-up circuit than Bedford which is a good track for beginners imo.
Would love another crack at the 1/4mile!! Blast from the past eh!
Enjoy. Good times ahead

I remember the price now. Either way; pretty good value i think as a taster. And likely for novices - more than enough time on track.

Ha ! Yea i bet the R5-T saw its fair share of action at the Pod hey...

And just to keep the records up to date on the Clio. Brakes 'finished' today after a small issue last week.

The issue being my man didn't realise exactly what he should have been doing (Strip, clean, lube, bleed brakes and clutch with fresh higher boiling point fluid, new pins and springs upfront; and megane rear caliper return springs fitted). No drama; and the long way home via some decent B-roads tonight showed the stoppers to be the best they've ever been.....i think.

Bonnet painting tomorrow.....

Reactions: ///M and Beany
I remember the price now. Either way; pretty good value i think as a taster. And likely for novices - more than enough time on track.

Ha ! Yea i bet the R5-T saw its fair share of action at the Pod hey...
Perfect intro on a summers evening. And not too far for the recovery vehicle to get you home:grinning:

The 5 went to the Pod a few times
Same as your little Nos guzzler!

The feeling of driving home; getting out to revel in the shinyness of your newly painted bonnet to find a fresh stone-chip smack bang in the middle of it is hard to beat.

Pass the petrol someone.

#defeated.

Last edited:
The feeling of driving home; getting out to revel in the shinyness of your newly painted bonnet to find a fresh stone-chip smack bang in the middle of it is hard to beat.

Pass the petrol someone.

#defeated.
Murphy's law in operation. Gutted for you mate.

Shuv, that's crap mate. But I know how you feel. Same happened when I last had the front done on the BMW. Only drove about ten miles home and there was a chip when I got out.

Nothing you can do mate, it's gonna happen. Just a shitter when it happens so soon.

At least it looks better than it did huh?

Oh bugger! And I thought I was the one with the shitty luck!
Time for some louvres :wink:

52525547_2314251872233278_8610543614612733952_n.jpg 51996489_2184872128244531_1597321547385667584_n.jpg 41.JPG 27.jpg 19.JPG Feels like longer. But it lives again....

New uprated Battery fitted last week.
Drivers door trim removed and gone for re-painting; due to a garage wall chip :flushed:
Custom dash-fascia fitted yesterday a-la Big Ben's (Mine is on Carbon Fibre background and has white RPM sweep to replace the Yellow, raised [7750] RPM limit and KMH readings removed; to de-clutter the Speedo)
Trick'ish looking MAP Sensor holder on the way from Croatia...

Also currently researching best (Most professional) way to lower drivers Recaro (Anyone ?)

Plans ? ****Do more miles than i did last year. Which was er......16 (?) and enjoy it a bit :grinning:

Last edited:
Still looks sunny in Norfolk. Car still looks immaculate.

Nice update:thumb:

Ha ! 2 out of 3 rib-digs . Touche... :tearsofjoy:

1. You know as well as me that's not a 'today' pic. Its an er.....'stock photo' :smirk:
2. Immaculate. Mmmm......maybe. Depends on your standards. But better than 'tidy'. Cheers....
3. I suspect my update pales into insignificance compared to 95% of yours of the last year (I'll catch up with that on here soon)

Liking the dials mate! I was always glad my 200 got a white tacho face from the factory. Carbon effect is lovely. Is the change of red line due to your remap from engine dynamics?

16 miles?! Holy mackerel... definitely need to kick its head in this year then!
Regarding the seat lowering, there are a couple of people on Facebook Jon Fossard and Josh Wheeler you could get in touch with for the frames - I've tagged you in Josh's post.
Like Ben, I also thought that was the weather this weekend! Been nice in some areas.