Should I or shouldn't I sell

nicfred

Gold Member
Michelin Clio series race car

image_zpsdf55a08e.jpg

image_zps5aecff62.jpg

image_zps249658a3.jpg

I built it to race this year but each round has had only 4 -5 cars in the road class so I haven't done a round and the last one is today/tomorrow so won't this year.
My problem is if I keep it, when racing the Michelin series the car will be on par with the others as they are all standard, if I race else where it is not as its a standard car.
i raced the French trophy series and the car was uncompetitive against 172/182 cars as they were all modded and lighter cars, you can pick a 172/182 up for between £1/2 k or have seen some caged/striped race cars for around £5-6 so should I sell it and get a 172/182 or stick with this and hope the series gets bigger?
The 172/182's are still competitive against Subaru's,skylines etc in the right hands so there are more series you can be competitive in.
So, what to do ????
Sell it and get a 172/182 race car or keep it and hope Michelin series is better?
It has just had an MOT,so 12 months left and also 6 months tax, so should hopefully appeal to more due to being able to drive on road to get to track days etc.
But can't decide which route to go????

Last edited:
Keep it and Hope Michelin get better.Just my opinion but in the end its your decision

Eh? So your moaning there isn't enough cars in to race so haven't bothered?

Perhaps there are 20 others that are thinking the same thing. Perhaps the 4-5 won't bother as no one else can be bothered........

Why not just enter and run the car for what it was built for. That way others may gain more interest and others won't loose theirs.

Just my opinion.

Eh? So your moaning there isn't enough cars in to race so haven't bothered?

Perhaps there are 20 others that are thinking the same thing. Perhaps the 4-5 won't bother as no one else can be bothered........

Why not just enter and run the car for what it was built for. That way others may gain more interest and others won't loose theirs.

Just my opinion.

Would agree with this, but is just my opinion also.

Up to you and what you want at the end of the day

If I were you I would keep it and race it. If you wanted big sized grids, for the same sort of money then you probably have should have bought a fiesta ST as that series is growing in size! As is the BMW e46 championship.

In all fairness though, next year should see a couple more cars on the grid....but that will be ex cup cars as we all well know.

The Michelin series will be much bigger next year, albeit most of them this years cup cars plus it will be a championship next year not just a collection of races.

If you've built it for that series then it seems a little silly not to race it in that series.

There's an extra race this year at Rockingham in November, give that one a try.