Should i be concerned

Morning all,

Im in the process of selling my car.

Long & short a potential buyer is viewing tght but they will be travelling from Ireland??!! Im near london!

IMO seems a bloody long way to come to view and buy a car, as they will be flying over then driving 2hrs+ to get to me.

Whats your opinions - should i be concered?

As long as they come and pay cash, what's to worry about :smile:?

Have you agreed a price? If not my guess is they would try to haggle the price down on arrival, although obviously you don't HAVE to budge, regardless of how far they've traveled as that's on them.

Check the notes are real - maybe pay straight into the bank if that's an option before letting them disappear with car/keys?

No price not agreed, but lets be honest if your prepared to travel so far then your prepared to pay full price........and that is non negotiable and ive dropped it already.

And yeah without doubt if the readies are there then its a done deal!

Hopefully the notes wont be fakes lol

If they're willing to travel that far then I cant see the price being an issue. If they pay cash then get it paid into your account before you let the car go.

The cash part is the only grey area, by the time they arrive the banks will be closed.

Not entirely sure how im gonna play it yet...........but yes totally agree the only full proof way is as you say.

Couple of mates have said that cars in Ireland are so expensive and the variety for second hand cars isnt there?!

In truth the guy sounds like a really nice fella, and dare i say it 'honest'.............at this moment in time ive no real reason to question his intention but you never know aey!

Plenty of Irish folk come over here to buy cars. One came over to Nottingham to buy my brothers MR2 which was only worth about 2K, no problems at all.

i done a 6 hour trip just to view an evo but ended up not buying it, just picked some coilovers up that was a 7hours round trip :smiley: some people dont have any issue with driving or doing whatever to pick the right thing up :smile:

Plenty of Irish folk come over here to buy cars. One came over to Nottingham to buy my brothers MR2 which was only worth about 2K, no problems at all.

Thanks for that...............admit im totally paranoid but hopefully all will be well :smile:

My pal went from glasgow to whick to pick up a cheap rx8 what a journey that was (very top of scotland) as already said some people don't mind the travelling to get the right car. :thumbsup:

Some good advice already given :smile: another thing is to ask for some ID with their name and address details to confirm what they write on the log book (if the sale goes ahead).

It is a long way to go though - and quite an elaborate thing to do - just to get rid of thousands of pounds of counterfeit notes :smiley:

Some good advice already given :smile: another thing is to ask for some ID with their name and address details to confirm what they write on the log book (if the sale goes ahead).

It is a long way to go though - and quite an elaborate thing to do - just to get rid of thousands of pounds of counterfeit notes :smiley:

Fair point lol

I went to Liverpool twice for my clio defo worth it

Wolverhampton to Liverpool? That is just over an hour? That is no distance at all to get a car.

I usually end up travelling far to get cars, Nottingham to London twice, Nottingham to north east twice too

Wolverhampton to Liverpool? That is just over an hour? That is no distance at all to get a car.

I usually end up travelling far to get cars, Nottingham to London twice, Nottingham to north east twice too
Just sharing didn't know this was a competition [emoji6]

Personally I would keep the keys & V5 til the money was in the bank and accepted by them as real. If they're coming from Ireland they presumably have to stop for the night before going home. I travelled from the north of Scotland to Dunstable for my Clio but that was from a dealer. Hope all goes well for you.