She goes today...

After a fantastic year of ownership (with only a few 'glitches' in the recent cold weather) my 197 goes today! I will miss her terribly but I needed something better suited to long distance cruising. 2 hours on the M4 is a bloody nightmare!!!

Don't hate me but I collect a rather nice low mileage BMW 325ci M Sport coupe later today... Have you seen how well built those things are? The Clio is shocking in comparison and Renault should take note!

As a former Scooby owner I have had lots more fun than I expected and I wish someone could have benefited from my wheels and KTR exhaust before trading (see my for sale posts) but it was not to be.... I'll stick around on here for a while but thanks to everyone for helping the 197 experience be such great fun!!

I hope you enjoy the BMW, they're lovely cars, just a little boring in comparison but that's to be expected I guess

Haha ive come the other way. BMW was a great car, but just too dull after a while, and SILLY running costs!. Its good to experience as many cars as you can get your mitts on anyway! Hope you enjoy :smile:

the thing i don't like about german cars, is how they are just sort of accepted as being a nice car. audi/bmw/vw etc. but they are just dull, and you just blend in with the rest of the crowd.

of course, nearly all car manufacturers have their exceptions, but i am generalising here.
and as i spend 80% of my time in germany, i know how common they are here.

stu.

bit of a price difference between a 325 and a 197/200 !

and when they go wrong....get the cheque book ready :nope:

My RS197 was hardly cheap to run to be honest! The brakes cost a fortune to put right when the pads seized in the calipers earlier this year and a (totally needless thanks to crap OEM build quality) wheel refurbishment and new tyres after 12 months was not cheap either.... An I had a list of pretty expensive things to put right including a couple of oil leaks, a warped front bumper and knackered door seals!

I got 35.9mpg on standard 95RON fuel on the way home from West Sussex. The Clio did 32.1mpg on the way down there.. Shame on you Renault!!

lol as said, two very different cars.
very well made those german cars! which year 325 is it?
glad you got the ci rather than saloon though :smile:

It is a 2003 (2004 model year) 325Ci M Sport with low mileage and thousands of pounds worth of extras including a factory sunroof, full nappa leather interior, 18" MV-2 wheels, brand new Bridgestone Potenzas, upgraded stereo with CD changer etc, etc...

I miss the incredible, gravity-defying agility of the RS197 around town and on the B-roads and country lanes. But I love the Ci when I get on the open road and stick the cruise on...not a car to drive late at night when tired; what would keep me awake apart from the meaty thrum of that straight-six engine? :smile:

I got it cheap in a 'end of month' used car sale at a main dealer in Sussex; £7250 with a tank of gas, a full service, a new MoT and 12 months tax!! And I got a decent p/x for the RS197 too considering the state of the market for fast, expensive to run cars!

very nice price mate. a bargain. parts aren't cheap for beemers, but you shouldn't need anything more than servicing parts :smile:

stu.