Brake pedal goes too deep for comfortable heel and toe on track.

What are your brakes like when braking hard after a longish straight? Does the pedal go past the throtlle making it awkward to HaT?
I have found that as my pace has increased and the braking distances shortened it has become harder and harder to HaT as the pedal simply goes too deep when threshold braking. The brakes are not spongy and they don't fade, even after 17 laps, so I have no reason to suspect they need bleeding.

Maybe try more aggressive pads? If you are sure that the pedal travel is the same ie no fading then maybe changing pads will work on your favour.

Do you find you actually need to then? Can't say I've ever really found it helps in a fwd car.

Yellow stuff was great. Easy to modulate and did not fade ad much as my damaged ds2500s.

Heel an toe definitely helps a lot under heavy breaking. It means more engine breaking which keeps heat out of the engine and the brakes.It helps keep the revs up and allows me to keep better track of how the engine is spinning relative to the wheels. Besides it is in my muscle memory so not doing it is more disturbing than doing it.