shakey's 400hp Cup

^^ This! Would love to see it head to head with a std 197/200 on track. If you don't mind me asking roughly what would you say the costs were on the conversion?

And maybe I'm being stupid here, but a lot of people keep mentioning reliability, surely if it were a standard 225 engine and you don't open it up (the block that is) what's to worry about?

isnt stage two abit risky, after the amount of rod bolts have that failed?, i was thinking of stage two, but not sure now

isnt stage two abit risky, after the amount of rod bolts have that failed?, i was thinking of stage two, but not sure now

I was unaware of rod bolt failure issue, can you give me a bit more info??

The rod bolts will be under most stress when on the exhaust stroke in tension, so unless the rev limit is increased I can't see this being an issue. On power stroke the rod will be loaded, with the bolts not seing any additional load.

But I would be quite interested in this..

-Andy

I was unaware of rod bolt failure issue, can you give me a bit more info??

The rod bolts will be under most stress when on the exhaust stroke in tension, so unless the rev limit is increased I can't see this being an issue. On power stroke the rod will be loaded, with the bolts not seing any additional load.

But I would be quite interested in this..

-Andy

there has been a few meg enines on a stage two that at first people thought they were throwing a rod out of the block, but infact its actually the rod bolt under so much stress it just gives and throws its self out of the block and the rest then follows

Mine will hopefully be completed in the next week or so, and I have Le Mans track day and a Ring trip booked. I will be making lots of vids!!

What sort of power is a stage 2??

where is the guide? have you wrote one yet? considered doing this since i bought the car three years ago. would love a good guide then more people would do the conversion