Servicing - DIY or not?

time has almost come round for my 24k / 3 year service.

Renault quoted 228
Ktec are 128

Me = Oil and filters approx 70? and an hour one weekend.

Is it worth getting a stamp for resale time etc?

i'd loathe paying Renault 228 for anything for all the times the car has had to go in for fiddly warranty items.

Views / opinions welcome.

still under warranty - get it done at a garage renault/indie

if not diy and keep reciepts to prove its been done

mine has never been serviced by renault - either independant or by me - but i have used works stamp in the book :thumbsup:

yep will be out of warranty in a month or so, which is why I was thinking of getting renault to do it.

i've always serviced my own as a rule, and it wouldn't bother me if I was buying one like it - but I know some are wary of a book with no 'official stamps'

maybe i should have ktec do it this time then.

stamps for resale take it to renault.
I full service history from the manufacturer wil always look much better as the car gets older.

Its not the resale value its the resale audience. Many wont buy a car without full service history.

yeh thats what i was getting at - hoping most who'd be looking at this type of car is more 'enthusiast' and thus more in the know about independents etc.

its not as if renault have a repuation for quality service..

Unfortunately this is half the reason why Renault can charge stupid amounts for a service, because they know people will want to keep a full service history for resale etc... annoying but I just pay for Renault to do it.

I would get your last service done at a main dealer, then go to an independent.

Would not do the service yourself as you will not get a stamp in the book, wait until the car is 10 years old before you go doing that imo.

I am lucky as I get my serve quite cheap, 2nd year service is only costing me £150 at the main dealer.