197: Service Costs?

Hi Guys,

Just looking for an average price on a service. The car is just about to turn 4years old with 29k on the clock. Anybody had this done recently and know what sort of costs I'm looking at and whats involved? IIRC the 5y service is the painful one, can't remember what the 4y service includes?

(I'm at work so don't have the book with me)

TBH I really don't wanna use Renault as I think they offer crap service (from my experience). But I also know RSTuning are busy moving units, so any other recommendations would be handy.

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I've given the guys a shout there and they're gonna get back to me with prices. They're a little easier for me to get to than Leeds as well (should be able to get a lift from a colleague).

Looks like theres not much due on mine then, as I'm under the limit for spark plugs (7k which is about 10months for me).

The Air Filter isn't due yet, and I changed the Pollen filter, Oil and Oil Filter 6k miles ago.

It still has to go in for MOT and to get my seized brake pin removed so just killing lots of birds with one stone.

i was under the impression that the particlar service depends on milage or time which ever comes first, so i recon they may recomend changing the plugs

It is like Ryan says its not just miles but time as well so it will need plugs
It's only the same as saying the cars 5 yrs old but only done 20k would risk not having cam belt done.everything as only a certain amount of time before they start breaking down:smile:

It is like Ryan says its not just miles but time as well so it will need plugs
It's only the same as saying the cars 5 yrs old but only done 20k would risk not having cam belt done.everything as only a certain amount of time before they start breaking down:smile:

Thats right, it's the fact that the belt is five years old and ready for the change irrespective of the low miles.:thumbup:

TDF charge £400 + vat for the cambelt service (all inclusive)

So if you can get near that figure, you're on a winner!

I would get them done, just based on that it 4 years old, even its it not suppose to be. But that just me.