selling a car by Paypal

If you don't want any comeback as a seller and want to ensure you keep the money then insist on a bank transfer. However if you are a buyer of something then don't use bank transfer. I recently lost a grand because some scamming bast@rd would only accept a bank transfer. I have no way of getting my money back.

Really? A grand? Ouch!!

the cheeky t**t has e-mailed me back with this after me telling him to do one
watch out for him

Josh Walcort
07:52 (11 hours ago)

to me
Alright kindly get back to me with your bank details as follows,

Full name
Bank name
Account number
Sort code.

Await your swift response asap so as to proceed on with the payment.

response from auto trader

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the email you have received is a scam e-mail, we strongly recommend you stop any further correspondence with this individual. Auto Trader regularly updates the advice that we hold in our magazines and on our website to advise buyers how to avoid these scams. Unfortunately there are a small number of unscrupulous people who will go to great lengths to attempt to abuse the good nature of people buying or selling cars using our website or magazines.

Did this guy text you, to tell ya to email him by any chance? Someone called richardian@hotmail.com?? Because i 've had exactly the same wanting to buy my quad! Saying he's working overseas, and he'd send a shipping company pick it up, paying via paypal! Sounds way too dodgy for me! Wanting to buy it for his son's bday apparently!

Did this guy text you, to tell ya to email him by any chance? Someone called richardian@hotmail.com?? Because i 've had exactly the same wanting to buy my quad! Saying he's working overseas, and he'd send a shipping company pick it up, paying via paypal! Sounds way too dodgy for me! Wanting to buy it for his son's bday apparently!

sounds identical to mine avoid it like the plague

as i expected first come and sold for 6K cash halleluja, i'll miss the car it's been a cracker but needs must with the campervan to sort out, bought by a nice fella Tom with his dad, he's going to sign up on here as i've told him it's invaluable.
i was tempted to drop in the renault showroom and have a sniff round for a nano second.
i'll stick around guy's you never know i might get that itch again.