Securing RS mats to earlier models using VW stud kit

Found on Ebay a stud kit which is actually for VW/Audi's but as it included a screw in stud and also the retainer bits, decided to order to see if I could fit, to stop the drivers mat from riding up under the pedals and jamming when pedals fully depressed.

I've just fitted them and all that is required is the removal of original plastic clips from the mats, just use flat bladed screw driver from underneath and they just pop apart

while mat is upside down you will need to use a sharp knife and open the hole up by approx. 2mm until the new lower clip fits into the hole and then pop the top part into it.
IMG_0050.gif
then they simply clip together
IMG_0052.gif
Now push the new screw in studs into the mat clips and go to the car and line up in side and once happy with position, simply push down on the surround and screw the stud into the carpet.
IMG_0053.gif
And that's it, you now have a secured mat which justs pops off when you want to remove it
IMG_0055.gif

The supplier on Ebay was Automotive Carpets
AUDI & VW STUD STYLE CAR MAT FIXING KIT (160497291142)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayIS...42&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:1123#ht_2585wt_878

Last edited:
Great thread, great idea. I've ordered some, had this problem for ages and used sticky velcro, but it only lasts about a month before it needs replacing.

Thanks for the info!

excellent :thumbup:

post it on renault site think they need to understand this...

well I didn't want to go with velcro as knowing what it's like had pictured in mind after a few months of carpet having bald spots, espeacially if it's same quality as seat fabric :smile:

got idea as on previous car, I got some after market mats and they came with a screw in retainer but was a hook so was trying to find something like that but then came across this and it looked good.

excellent :thumbup:

post it on renault site think they need to understand this...

Is that Renaultsport one?

Last edited:
well I didn't want to go with velcro as knowing what it's like had pictured in mind after a few months of carpet having bald spots, espeacially if it's same quality as seat fabric :smile:

got idea as on previous car, I got some after market mats and they came with a screw in retainer but was a hook so was trying to find something like that but then came across this and it looked good.

Is that Renaultsport one?

yeh that one!

Must be better than the 'ultra-sticky' velcro I've tried (that lasted 2 mins).... ordered!

Last edited:
When I went in asked local Renault dealer they told me, you couldn't get them as screw in, only fitted at factory, so assumed it was mounted from underneath. Nice to know one of the biggest dealerships in my area don't actually know their vehicles :worried: but at least price wise worked out about the same

When I went in asked local Renault dealer they told me, you couldn't get them as screw in, only fitted at factory, so assumed it was mounted from underneath. Nice to know one of the biggest dealerships in my area don't actually know their vehicles :worried: but at least price wise worked out about the same

Which dealer was it?

Which dealer was it?

Reluctant to put their name on public forum, but it's a Large dealership in Epsom, although they now sell/service a fair few other marques and their site covers 3/4 of the industrial estate, I'm sure that's enough info for you to know who they are

Many many years ago they had dealership in Kingston and was where I got my Clio Williams from, so thought they were a knowledgeable dealership having sold/Serviced Renault for so long.

Renault Parts departments, with the exception of Karl, who is brilliant, are utter rubbish.

Renault Leicester supplied the mats, without the clips and told me they could not be sourced, Renault Wolverhampton said the same. I think I posted on here a wanted thread ages ago, but never got a response because nobody has them, they are always missing from the mats. I looked on ebay, but gave up and velcroed them down after a while.

Similar Thread Suggestions