Scuttle panel blockage (again...)

Think my scuttle panel is blocked again, cleared this in spring this year too, wasnt expecting to have to do it again so soon.

Has anyone got any advice (other than staying away from trees) as to how to prevent this happening. Was thinking of some kind of gauze to cover the drain holes or similar.

It's amazing how much crap gets down underneath the scuttle panel. It doesn't help when it's so wet and windy - the amount of leaves that get into the engine bay is ridiculous. I think it's just a case of checking them quite often - I do mine every time I clean the car, even if it's just running some water through them to check it's flowing out through the bottom.

It's amazing how much crap gets down underneath the scuttle panel. It doesn't help when it's so wet and windy - the amount of leaves that get into the engine bay is ridiculous. I think it's just a case of checking them quite often - I do mine every time I clean the car, even if it's just running some water through them to check it's flowing out through the bottom.
I would agree with this. Funnily enough I just finished pouring hot water down both sides. You can tell if they're really blocked by how much water is dripping from the bottom of the car.

I had to do mine last week, I was beginning to hear a sloshing noise from behind the dash when cornering, not a welcome noise!

I removed the wipers and scuttle to find the wiper mechanism and connector covered! One side was an easy clean, the other I basically had to rod out, it gave me the impression it had never been done!

A little job not to be skipped this time of year.

So you take the wipers / scuttle panel off quite often then ! 

I only do that if it seems blocked - when water doesn't flow through or you can see all the crap that's building up. I've managed to get my hand under the scuttle without removing the wipers before, but obviously you can't give it a proper clean that way - but it's a quick fix if there's not too much dirt.

I think a gauze would be a good shout to be honest, atleast stops them getting crap down them then water sitting in the holes..

Whats this then? I've not noticed a blockage or anything the like.

Although last week I've noticed the fans sounding like they're broken when going around a roundabout. Could this be something that needs doing?

If it's blocked, what can it cause?

Whats this then? I've not noticed a blockage or anything the like.

Although last week I've noticed the fans sounding like they're broken when going around a roundabout. Could this be something that needs doing?

If it's blocked, what can it cause?

Theres a how to on this.

Shouldnt have anything to do with fans no.