Scuttle panel seals

Hi All
I like many others decided to clean under scuttle panel (Clio 200) to prevent water leaking inside the engine bay and making rust on engine mounts
I facing big problems with the panel seals , they all wet and damaged .
Also front suspension cover seals

Does anyone know whe can buy left and right rubber seals like on the pictures?
or how you guys fighting with water inside the engine bay?

Attachments

• EFB28B24-1444-41E7-8B23-AACA9BC8F3BE.jpeg
    EFB28B24-1444-41E7-8B23-AACA9BC8F3BE.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 54
  • 485EEFC3-31BB-4D19-B4B8-2D2F3AE27394.jpeg
    485EEFC3-31BB-4D19-B4B8-2D2F3AE27394.jpeg
    765 KB · Views: 53
  • 60A26AA3-9B43-4122-A5FE-42480640316A.jpeg
    60A26AA3-9B43-4122-A5FE-42480640316A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Make sure that your drain holes are not blocked. If you have the scuttle panel off you will be able to find the drain holes at the corner of each side closest to the wing. If these are not blocked it will solve half of your problem. Just find a wire coat hanger, unwind it, and then poke it through.

Make sure that your drain holes are not blocked. If you have the scuttle panel off you will be able to find the drain holes at the corner of each side closest to the wing. If these are not blocked it will solve half of your problem. Just find a wire coat hanger, unwind it, and then poke it through.
Drain holes are clean
I recognised what water leaking inside the bonnet from left and right side of it , exactly where side rubber seals are (pictured)

It will be the same parts on any Mk3 Clio the bulkhead seals are hard to damage they stop heat and noise mostly, the caps will be fine as well just make sure the drain holes are clear the area is clean and the water will not get high enough to mess with the shock top bolts. Put white grease on the bolt heads that will do the job. This is what your trying to avoid... this was a seized wiper mechanism I was able to free up but needed a new motor

Website for parts up to 2011 Clios The link does a 2008 197

1640556570497.png

Reactions: Sean197
It will be the same parts on any Mk3 Clio the bulkhead seals are hard to damage they stop heat and noise mostly, the caps will be fine as well just make sure the drain holes are clear the area is clean and the water will not get high enough to mess with the shock top bolts. Put white grease on the bolt heads that will do the job. This is what your trying to avoid... this was a seized wiper mechanism I was able to free up but needed a new motor

Website for parts up to 2011 Clios The link does a 2008 197

View attachment 148545
Shock top bots cover gasket seals I will replace , ordered foam seal strip from Amazon as well as white grease can (thank you for advice)

bulkhead seals really looks like not damaged, but water dripping exactly from place where it touches the side of wing . There is kind of foam seal as well .
Once I receive new bulkhead seals I clean all scuttle panel plastics and reseal with new foam.
Will keep posted
Appreciated for web site advice , will makes progress faster

Yeah, those days are gone :laughing: Sadly to keep these in fine fettle you've got to give them a lot of TLC, lots of parts age/wear quickly and if you don't keep on top of simple things like scuttle drains clear and brake calipers stripped/cleaned on a regular basis bigger bills are coming...

Have a good read of the buyers guide if you haven't already, and the how to section (for members) is full of useful info :wink:

Yeah, those days are gone :laughing: Sadly to keep these in fine fettle you've got to give them a lot of TLC, lots of parts age/wear quickly and if you don't keep on top of simple things like scuttle drains clear and brake calipers stripped/cleaned on a regular basis bigger bills are coming...

Have a good read of the buyers guide if you haven't already, and the how to section (for members) is full of useful info :wink:

will read for sure , so far new in-this forum.
I have plans how to make this car better and I am ok to put some money in , as like I said I love how it’s drives , but …
before that 2 big problems:

1) leak in engine bay (in progress)

2 ) leak in boot !!! (Drives me crazy can’t identify where it’s leaking from )

What options do you have on the car leak in the engine bay well do you have the bit of insulation on the inside of the bonnet and per chance have you got a glass roof?.