Scotland pics from last week

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Well, me and the wife and in-laws went on holiday to Errogie in the North of Scotland. We stayed in an amazing house - nearest neighbour was more than half a mile away. The house was on a hill top, it was set in totally stunning scenery and as always in the winter, was cheap for a weeks hire (about £300).

Here are some pics of the house:

15.jpg

16.jpg

The here is the inside of the house:

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

And here are some pictures of the surrounding area and Glen Nevis:

14.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

And this is the view from the house:

12.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

So I'd love to go back there! It was an amazing week, shame the 197 wasn't there :worried:

The house, along with other amazing places to rent, came from Wilderness Cottages -www.wildernesscottages.co.uk - i'd recommend this place (Charleston) and some of their other places, but we did have a very bad experience at one of their places, but it would be wrong for me to say where that happened. :tomato::tomato:

Great photos Mike, is that your telescope there or does it live at the house? Kudos for putting the link in by the way, I was just going to ask. Us and the folks were looking for somewhere to have a ice break later in the year, big enough for the 6 of us and near enough to some nice twisties so me and Dad can go and play in the cars for a few hours every morning hahaha!!!

Great photos Mike, is that your telescope there or does it live at the house? Kudos for putting the link in by the way, I was just going to ask. Us and the folks were looking for somewhere to have a ice break later in the year, big enough for the 6 of us and near enough to some nice twisties so me and Dad can go and play in the cars for a few hours every morning hahaha!!!

Tis my telescope ya!!!

I would really recommend it - a trip to Tescos (Extra on the Retail Park) is a 46 mile round trip down some amazing roads. Choice of three ways of getting there - each of which is totally amazing.

Let us not forget Applecross - this is truly the legend of roads in Scotland - ask Noddie :wink: met up with him & Adrian in the summer and we all went out for a cruise over there - but it is MILES lol!!!!

That place is easy big enough for 6 BTW - two double and a twin room & three bathrooms. And you can see the vast driveway!

If you go in winter....

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/Xq01cr4Cgr4[/YOUTUBE]
Same house, very different weather!

Last edited:
Fantastic pics Mike love that area you could have had some great shots there with the 197
Like the look of that pad how many does it sleep ???

Thanks Mike looks good may be for next year for us now but it ticks all the boxes with access for disabled

It really is good for disabled actually - wide doors etc!

Would highly recommend it!

Similar Thread Suggestions